Opinions on cabin # 6232 on Carnival Legend

Sea__Shell

This is our first cruise, any info or opinions on cabin # 6232 on the Carnival Legend would be helpful.

Is the balcony really as large as it looks on the ship layout map in the brochure?

What is in the blank space next to this cabin?

I've read that first time cruisers should stay low and mid ship, is this cabin too far in the rear ? Is there more movement in forward or rear cabins, or is there no difference?:confused:

Thank You all so much!! Any info will be a big help to a first timer like me:D

Michelle

Michelle: its a good choice. I have pictures of the cabin next to it...same layout. Oh and its on the Miracle.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/283580891IJeRZn

I do have other pictures and will have them posted this weekend. The balcony is very long.

The area between the cabins is empty space. You will have to walk around that area to gget to the other side. Where cabin 6234 is. (it may be where they kleep the stuff for the elevators) dont worry= you wont hear the elevators at all either.

Serene56,

Thank you so much for the info.

WOW.....that balcony looks huge in your picture!

I'm really looking forward to seeing your other pictures.

I've read this cabin has a slightly different layout then others, is this true?

Michelle

Serene56,

Thank you so much for the info.

WOW.....that balcony looks huge in your picture!

I'm really looking forward to seeing your other pictures.

I've read this cabin has a slightly different layout then others, is this true?

Michelle

Yes. This is a handicapped accessible room. If you look at the deck maps, you will notice that the door in on the long wall rather than the short wall. There was a post somewhere else on this site where someone had one of these rooms. They said the bathrooms are slightly larger and the shower has a seat. They also stated there were only 2 closets rather than the normal three. This is the cabin we have booked for my parents June of 2006. It sounds great.

Ann

This is our first cruise, any info or opinions on cabin # 6232 on the Carnival Legend would be helpful.

Is the balcony really as large as it looks on the ship layout map in the brochure?

What is in the blank space next to this cabin?

I've read that first time cruisers should stay low and mid ship, is this cabin too far in the rear ? Is there more movement in forward or rear cabins, or is there no difference?:confused:

Thank You all so much!! Any info will be a big help to a first timer like me:D

Michelle

We had a similiar cabin on the Spirit on the Verandah deck - and it is handicapped accessible. Which means you do only have 2 closets instead of 3. When you open the door of the cabin instead of entering into a hallway with the bathroom on one side and the closets on the other, you enter right into the room. The bathroom is much larger than a regular balcony room and the shower does have a shower chair that can be flipped up against the wall. The balcony is over twice the length of a regular balcony and about 1 and a half times as wide. It had 2 chairs and 2 small end type tables on it. There was plenty of room for more chairs and lot of people. We didn't feel much movement in this cabin. At first I was worried about storage but it turned out okay.

Thank you all so much for your replies and info, but I am still a bit confused:confused: . I do see in the brochure how cabin #6234 ( and the cabins above this one on the upper floors ) are positioned long ways, the same direction as the long balcony , but the cabin I have booked, # 6232 , next to # 6234 is in row with all the other balcony cabins. If this room ( #6232 ) is handicap I dont want to occupy it if someone else really needs it. So I called my pvp at Carnival today to possibly change my cabin and she assured me it is not a handicap room, and she listed all the features of the room, including a sofabed, 3 closets, and a 100 sq ft balcony. And she checked with the medical dept. and they said cabin #6232 is not a modified cabin.

But you are the ones that have seen theses cabins and have stayed in them. I may consider changing to another cabin:) Thank You all so much!!!

Michelle

Michelle: My opinion is to stay put- you will not be sorry. Carnival does not sell these as handicapped cabins- any agent will try to sell the ones up front-- If you call any agent they will quote you the same cabins. 6232-34 is not in those line ups.

But if these cabins are not handicapped accessible why is there no step in the bathroom like the rest of them--and why is there a seat in the shower.

Even the doorway to the balcony is all even with the rest of the floor.

I can honestly say there is plenty of room in this cabinfor a wheel chair tomove around. Do you know the tiny space they give you to menuever around the bed to get to the balcony?? that is not present in this cabin.

word to you--if you dont take this cabinsome one else will. Keep it.

Michelle: My opinion is to stay put- you will not be sorry. Carnival does not sell these as handicapped cabins- any agent will try to sell the ones up front-- If you call any agent they will quote you the same cabins. 6232-34 is not in those line ups.

But if these cabins are not handicapped accessible why is there no step in the bathroom like the rest of them--and why is there a seat in the shower.

Even the doorway to the balcony is all even with the rest of the floor.

I can honestly say there is plenty of room in this cabinfor a wheel chair tomove around. Do you know the tiny space they give you to menuever around the bed to get to the balcony?? that is not present in this cabin.

word to you--if you dont take this cabinsome one else will. Keep it.

Thanks a lot Serene56-

I'm taking your advice. We are going to keep this cabin :D I love the size of this balcony.

Just wondered if you have been able to post the pictures of this cabin yet, or the cabin like it on the Miracle?.......Just anxious to see them:) . Thanks again, you've been a big help!!

Michelle

Thank you all so much for your replies and info, but I am still a bit confused:confused: . I do see in the brochure how cabin #6234 ( and the cabins above this one on the upper floors ) are positioned long ways, the same direction as the long balcony , but the cabin I have booked, # 6232 , next to # 6234 is in row with all the other balcony cabins. If this room ( #6232 ) is handicap I dont want to occupy it if someone else really needs it. So I called my pvp at Carnival today to possibly change my cabin and she assured me it is not a handicap room, and she listed all the features of the room, including a sofabed, 3 closets, and a 100 sq ft balcony. And she checked with the medical dept. and they said cabin #6232 is not a modified cabin.

But you are the ones that have seen theses cabins and have stayed in them. I may consider changing to another cabin:) Thank You all so much!!!

Michelle

Sorry. My parents are in 6234. I just switched the number in my brain.

Ann

i Hvae the pics of cabin 6234 - I am in the process of posting on webshots.

Will you please post a link when you get them there. I would love to see them and I am not sure how to find them without a link.

Thank you so much for your help and information.

Ann

WOW! Those are great photos. I am so excited even though that is my parent's room and we have an interior room, it will be great to be able to enjoy the balcony without stepping on each other. We will be on the Spirit, but I believe the layout is the same.

Thank you for posting the photos and I will continue to look for new ones.

Ann

This is my first time in a suite. I am a little confused does every suite have a upper bed? Is their one room or two I keep getting different stories. My suite is on the Empress deck on the Legend, middle of the ship. Some help please.

Ana :confused:

Not every suite has an upper bed. Some suites only sleep two people so the upper bed is not needed. If you look on the deck plans it will tell you if your cabin has an upper bed. How many people in your cabin?

ana: your balcony--> http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/283578014rYVaau

the entry into your cabin -->

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/281907025FmNYtd

this cabin has the seperate areas for the sitting room and bedroom.

I think you made a good choice to switch- for the balcony alone

Thanks for the pictures can't wait. I am stuck here in the snow. I am sooooo ready for spring. I think I made a good decision changing to an aft room. After reading the boards it sounds like the front of the ship is the worst and I have been on the front of the ship on the Triumph.

Ana

• 9 years later...

Old Thread, but wanted to share an updated photo. Just got off the Legend this weekend and we had 6232. The Balcony is huge! 2 loungers, 4 chairs and 3 tables. (oh and not any more expensive then a standard Non-Obstructed Extended Balcony Room)

10336827_10152003013566432_1374977899874966935_n.jpg.db69b00daf292003d594ae511f843f57.jpg

Edited by Howie411

• 4 weeks later...