Paradise-2/14--shore excursions

cruisin mimi

Hi, Leaving on Monday and trying to get my ducks in a row. We went on a similar cruise on RC 3 years ago and opted to go on a wine country excursion put on by the cruise line in Ensenada-- then the wineries seemed to be in a "Different World" more like Napa than Mexico--should we do this again or does someone have another suggestion--we thought we'd just walk around Catalina but is there something there we shouldn't miss--also with the ship upgrades have they put in hairdryers? thanks for your advice

We've done this cruise before on different ship and are looking at going again on the Paradise (a 3 or 4 day). We were just discussing the same thing. We are learning towards doing the wine tour again. We had a great time the first time. Dh is also thinking about doing the La Bufadora tour. I've done it before and know that it's kinda silly, but it would be something new and get us out of downtown. The Rosarita Beach tour looks a little pricey, especially for a beach that's a lot like home (for us). In Catalina, we may just stay on the ship. We've been there countless times and have done just about everything there. Unless they come up with a new/cool shore excursion, we'll probably just take advantage of the empty ship.

we did the wine country tour through carnival in ensenada last year and it was AWESOME!!! they take you to two wineries... one big business one family owned AND the bottle of wine they give you is not bad. The family own winery has all ki8nds of tasty homemade treats too!! Try the jalapeno jelly YUM!! You will have a great time on this tour and we are not total wine snobs but maybe a little. Needless to say I did not have high expectations of the trip and I was very pleasantly suprised :) hope this helps:D

thanks for getting back to me so quickly--I haven't used cruise critic for a couple years and it doesn't seem as easy as it did then to navigate--can any of you tell me a quick way to find my post and also a way to just get info pertaining to my particular ship--I had to go back to recent posts and keep scanning until I found mine a couple pages back thanks again

thanks for getting back to me so quickly--I haven't used cruise critic for a couple years and it doesn't seem as easy as it did then to navigate--can any of you tell me a quick way to find my post and also a way to just get info pertaining to my particular ship--I had to go back to recent posts and keep scanning until I found mine a couple pages back thanks again

Click on your name at the upper right of the page, then click on the "statistics" tab, then click on your posts. It will show all the posts you started or just the ones you commented on. The icon on the left changes if there has been a posting on that thread since the last time you read it.

Click on your name at the upper right of the page, then click on the "statistics" tab, then click on your posts. It will show all the posts you started or just the ones you commented on. The icon on the left changes if there has been a posting on that thread since the last time you read it.

thank you thank you that is soooooooooooooooo much easier and I never would have found it on my own.

They have a relatively new zipline on Catalina that looks like a lot of fun. I talked to some people when they got off and they said it was worth it. (We had rented bikes for the day, and rode up to where the zipline ends.) I definitely plan to do it the next time I am there.

Archived