Freedom Review 1/29 to 2/6

toomuchluggage

After being on the B2B cruise starting on 23 January - 6 February - we (10 of us) had the BEST cruise ever. This was my 22nd cruise and the VERY BEST ever. I will say that the guest on the second cruise (29 Jan - 6 Feb) was very rude! The first guest were much friendly and not cutting in lines, etc.

The food in all areas was OUTSTANDING! Our dining staff - Wisnawa - I Ketut Adi - Slamet was OUTSTANDING and the BEST ever. The Maitre D' (Jogi) was the GREATEST - always kept control of the Dining Room and the Lido dining area. Each night he made his way around the dining room area to all of the tables in our area and was making sure that each guest was having the dining room experience, especially at Show Time!

John was on this cruise and not alot of the guest even knew he was on the ship. The Captain was out and about sitting on deck 5 each evening around the 70's disco area and was very friendly as well as ALL of the crew. I have not been on a better cruise where all of the crew and staff was this friendly.

We each have our opinion - but, I don't think you were on the same cruise ship as we were. The room steward's work very hard - I can't image how often I went by the cabins and saw a tornado had hit some cabins and the mess they had to clean up. Our's (Joel) and his assistance's did an OUTSTANDING job. They all did an OUTSANDING job with all of the cabins that they service. Did you not have clean linens - towels - wash cloths - towel animals - and your mint each night? Maybe, you need to return to NCL ---

Oh, and the Pizza - Ben could not have been any friendly - and he even knew the type of pizza our group wanted while standing in line and not having to even ask - we all called that GREAT SERVICE!

All of our group had a wonderful time and will continue to sail with Carnival. So sorry your cruise experience was not the best.

Stewards are required to meet all of their guest, they will confirm your dining time and ask if you have any special requests. Some will even have you sign the sheet that they have to turn into their supervisors; other than that why do you need to see your cabin steward?

If the dining room staff never bothered with you how were you served dinner? Can I ask, did you do anytime dining?

Not trying to be a smart-ass but seems that if you had this attitude on your trip, I may have avoided you as well.......

Well, I guess you told me! We were served in the dining room, but it was like you said served.. You seem to have a bit of an attitude. I am very sorry for you. As it has been stated before on these boards we are all allowed our opinions, we may not like all of them but I think we should respect each other.

It may be a rule to meet your cabin steward but we did not, not once that is all I was saying I have been on several cruises and I have always been welcomed by the cabin staff the first day, but we never met ours not once and we were not the only ones. I did not need them it would have been nice if they greeted us like you said as they are required to. We did not have anytime dining, we did eat 3 time in the Steakhouse and I must say that was wonderful service and good food, so sorry if my comments disturbed you.

Well, I guess you told me! We were served in the dining room, but it was like you said served.. You seem to have a bit of an attitude. I am very sorry for you. As it has been stated before on these boards we are all allowed our opinions, we may not like all of them but I think we should respect each other.

It may be a rule to meet your cabin steward but we did not, not once that is all I was saying I have been on several cruises and I have always been welcomed by the cabin staff the first day, but we never met ours not once and we were not the only ones. I did not need them it would have been nice if they greeted us like you said as they are required to. We did not have anytime dining, we did eat 3 time in the Steakhouse and I must say that was wonderful service and good food, so sorry if my comments disturbed you.

Part of the issue you may have had was eating in the steak house for three nights, plus the ship did not serve dinner one night due to our stop in San Juan; maybe your server's never had the opportunity to get to know you?

I am surprised you never met your cabin steward; did you say anything to the Pursers Desk?

No attitude here just surprised at your responses and having been on the same ship we had a completely different experience.

Hopefully your next cruise is a bit better

I was on this same sailing and it was probably the best cruise I've had. Everyone has a different experience, but I had the best time..excellent cabin steward and I found the staff very pleasant and friendly. The pizza was excellent, but the burgers...well, not the best.

Not sure why people think the decor is outrageous unless they are used to other cruise lines - Carnival does have some interesting designs, but headaches?

The buffet lines on Freedom aren't much different than others..if you go at peak time, or get behind someone who is structuring the world's greatest salad, it can be a wait. I just figure I'm on vacation and not going to starve if I have to wait in line for 10 minutes.

Well sorry your cruise was so unpleasant for you. Maybe next time try a different cruise line. And remember to do plenty of research of the ships before you book.

Part of the issue you may have had was eating in the steak house for three nights, plus the ship did not serve dinner one night due to our stop in San Juan; maybe your server's never had the opportunity to get to know you?

I am surprised you never met your cabin steward; did you say anything to the Pursers Desk?

No attitude here just surprised at your responses and having been on the same ship we had a completely different experience.

Hopefully your next cruise is a bit better

We have been on several cruises with several different lines, we always have a wonderful time. I to was very surprised with the cabin steward and service we received in the dining room. I have been on 3 and 4 day cruises and the dining room staff knew us after the first night. So I am not sure going to the steak house more than once was it. I am not one to even post on these boards someone comment so I also commented. I am very happy you all had different experiences than us. Like I said we had a blast we enjoy cruises and are cruising again next month.

We sailed the 8 day over Christmas 2010 and had a wonderful time, sorry others did not. Our room steward, Dennis, was top notch and always greeted me with a nice 'Hello Miss Jody.' Dining room service has been better on previous cruises, but that is too be expected, not enough to ruin my cruise. The Freedom has that sweet sweet Serenity deck area and that huge screen on the Lido deck. Where better than to watch Monday football then at sea under a warm towel, bucket of beer, and popcorn?? If you go in with a closed mind, you probably are going to have a crappy cruise, if you go in with a 'I am on vacation' things will go much smoother. Personaly, loved the decor on the Freedom, I am a purple girl. Bye bye and have fun sailing with Niles and Frasier on your future cruises.:p

Jody

Archived