Past Carnival Destiny brides wedding onboard in Key West...question!!

Ok, more questions!! We are getting married onboard in Key West. I have requested an 11:30 slot. I have been thinking about this so much, and I can't remember if I have posted this question before or not. If so, FORGIVE ME PLEASE!! If my ceremony is at 11:30, I know that my bridal party and myself will not be able to explore Key West, since we are docked from 7:30am-2:00pm. I also know that they advise people not to book any excursions on wedding day. BUT, I was wondering, if the ceremony is at 11:30 and my guests (who are not part of the wedding party) get up and get going early enough, does that give them maybe an hour or two to explore Key West, check out local bars there, get some key lime pie and all of that good stuff and be back on the boat by 10:30-11 for the ceremony? I know that the ship is docked at Pier B which is downtown right by Duvall street and all of the fun stuff, which is great news. I would just really like for them to be able to walk around Key West if even for just a little bit before the wedding.

Thanks!!

Different cruise line, but my wedding was in Key West at 11:30 with more or less that same arrival and a 3pm departure time. The wedding party didn't leave the ship, but several guests got off early in the morning for breakfast ashore. And once the reception was over a few adventurous types slipped off for a quick taste of Key West. But they really only had about 30 minutes on shore before they had to high tail it back to the ship.

Archived