Marina-IPods

The Boyz

We were in a PH on the maiden voyage and also hoped there would be a hookup for our I-touch/I-pad.

Indeed, there is a USB port on the tv, but we were unable to get the proper tv settings to come active to allow us to show our devices on the tv screen.:( But since Marina is still a work in progress for such small things, maybe that will become active in the future. FDR, are you listening?

Kay

We were in a PH on the maiden voyage and also hoped there would be a hookup for our I-touch/I-pad.

Indeed, there is a USB port on the tv, but we were unable to get the proper tv settings to come active to allow us to show our devices on the tv screen.:( But since Marina is still a work in progress for such small things, maybe that will become active in the future. FDR, are you listening?

Kay

Kay, How was the wi-fi speed using your IPAD?

Kay, How was the wi-fi speed using your IPAD?

Well, the maiden voyage is not a good example, because the internet was still being "tweaked" with new equipment and service by O's internet providers. More equipment and technology was scheduled to arrive onboard in Miami, however, and we were told future cruisers could expect to see significantly improved service.

Because of these known issues, O made internet use complimentary on the maiden voyage. The gentleman in charge of the computer center was most helpful and worked long hours to assist passengers meet their needs/expectations. Therefore, while the internet was sometimes frustrating, O handled the issue in a proactive, generous and professional manner, in my opinion.

When the entire system is fully "debugged" I am confident the service will certainly be better than we experienced, so I reserve judgement until that has taken place.

Hope that helps.

Kay

Well, the maiden voyage is not a good example, because the internet was still being "tweaked" with new equipment and service by O's internet providers. More equipment and technology was scheduled to arrive onboard in Miami, however, and we were told future cruisers could expect to see significantly improved service.

Because of these known issues, O made internet use complimentary on the maiden voyage. The gentleman in charge of the computer center was most helpful and worked long hours to assist passengers meet their needs/expectations. Therefore, while the internet was sometimes frustrating, O handled the issue in a proactive, generous and professional manner, in my opinion.

When the entire system is fully "debugged" I am confident the service will certainly be better than we experienced, so I reserve judgement until that has taken place.

Hope that helps.

Kay

Thanks David had advised us the internet was complimentary but hoped it was a great deal faster than the other R ships.

Archived