REVIEW Glory Eastern, Jan 30...Great Cruise!

sharecruises

I will add to this and put in full review

Let me start by saying that Glory was truly Glorious

This was my 2nd time on her and I think she has truly improved

the refurb added flat screen tvs in rooms, also Serenity Deck which I loved

Service was fantastic, we had the best waiters and room stewards

Probably the best I have ever had on Carnival

The group services gal was also nice and helpful (unlike the jerks on Destiny)

Seating for our group was at 8 tops and a 10 top, pretty decent

*unlike the jerks on Destiny who crammed Singles into 4 tops, booths, even some 2 tops..so awkward and NOT fun.....yuck

Food was spectacular....the Red Sail Lido buffets were great, fish and chips, deli, Mongolian grill...some others in my group also like the Burittos and Pizza etc

Chocolate Buffet last day was yummy, very nicely laid out at the front/"Taste of Nations" station

Food in main dining room was excellent and our waiters were great. Showtime was fun and the dancing waiters looked like they enjoyed themselves. Sometimes we danced with them haha

They had NO problem bringing multiple appetizers or even entrees....2nds on lobster tail (I passed but some in my group took them up on it)....unlike the Soup **** waiters on Destiny. (who can forget how we were treated when we asked for a 2nd lobster tail cause theirs were so tiny? Nasty waiter brought ONE for me and my roommate and TOLD us, "thats it, you can share")

All the food was really good ...standouts....greek farmer salad, sushi appetizer, escargot, crab cake

lobster tail and shrimp...nice size and yummy, flat iron steak, ribs,

prime rib, salmon

chocolate melting cake, bitter and blanc (*yes it came with sauce haha)

the only dish I didnt care for was the chateubriand....cooked more than medium rare, a little "gamey" and hardly any sauce...I did request a switch and was pleased with the shrimp dish that replaced it

Shows were excellent, great singers and dancers. We only saw a bit of the Justin Illusion show ...unfortunately but they lost power to the stage and nothing was working they brought out techs but had to cancel, George (Jorge) the cruise director came on and kept us laughing, he apoologized and brought out the comedian *(in his shorts haha) for an impromptu laugh session....very well handled

Let me say here that George (Jorge after 5 pm) Solano was the best cruise director I have had...most of them I forget but he was really good

Very funny (stand up) in his own right....witty and quick witted , improv skills

he also was around the ship alot and very friendly

The whole staff was good actually....I liked the gal who ran the Punchliner Club

Punchliner is a huge hit...the first 2 comedians were outstanding

the 2nd two were pretty good

I liked the hot tubs on Glory...they are one of the few that still has the pretty hot tub in the gym area, with the "rocks" around it

Serenity deck was nice too

Everyone was very nice and friendly, the staff seemed to be cleaning all the time and everyone was smiling. It seems like a happy ship

Very well run

You can really tell the difference....Destiny was messy, dirty dishes in the crowded buffet, nasty and indifferent staff members, horrible waiters, incompentants

Honestly I don't see why Carnival even keeps the Destiny, it is a disgrace

Sailing on the Glory made me remember why I liked Carnival in the first place

I was very sad to get off Glory

I don't like Carnival policy to singles at all....and please for those "my dear hub" peeps here....get a grip...many of you are probably on your 2nd or 3rd marriage, or statistically may get divorced/widowed. CC has such a Noahs Ark mentality....LOL...if Carnival suddenly changed their policy towards your little rug rats you would explode and you know it

I don't like their policy but we may sail on the Valor if we can get 8 cabins booked in 30 days....the new group deal makes it much harder but we did enjoy Glory and some of us bought more "future cruise certs"

okey dokey...lol

I can only hope that both of you experience Destiny "Hell" ship ..enjoy the damaged cabins, big old tube tv plopped on the dresser, phone unusable,

nasty waiters, teeny lobster tail, refusal to give a 2nd "this is it, you two share"...yuck...horrible horrible service

long lines...dirty dishes everywhere...total incompetants

My other cruises on Carnival have been good...Destiny was horrible and also even dangerous IMHO. Horrible service, ignored our request/safety concerns...

I wish Carnival would sell that piece of junk ...

no big surprise there is ONLY one ship in the "Destiny" class...if you enjoy having a buffet the size of the smaller ships with the larger passenger count of the larger ships...go for it

okey dokey...lol

I can only hope that both of you experience Destiny "Hell" ship ..enjoy the damaged cabins, big old tube tv plopped on the dresser, phone unusable,

nasty waiters, teeny lobster tail, refusal to give a 2nd "this is it, you two share"...yuck...horrible horrible service

long lines...dirty dishes everywhere...total incompetants

My other cruises on Carnival have been good...Destiny was horrible and also even dangerous IMHO. Horrible service, ignored our request/safety concerns...

I wish Carnival would sell that piece of junk ...

no big surprise there is ONLY one ship in the "Destiny" class...if you enjoy having a buffet the size of the smaller ships with the larger passenger count of the larger ships...go for it

Why would you go on it twice then? :confused:

Why would you go on it twice then? :confused:

Why do YOU care???

The first time was not "great" but it was passable (except for the long long lines at buffet, and poor cabin quality)

I went on it 2x because we do a large singles cruise for Halloween and other people wanted to do Destiny cause the group had done Imagination for 2 years in a row

so I went along with them....hoping for the best and getting the worst

If you notice, I tend to go on ships more than once cause I prefer to sail from South Florida. I went on Glory 2x and it was better the 2nd time

We had our own fun and great excursion for the group I found on Cozumel, super all inclusive deal

but everyone preferred Imagination and/or the other ships

Why do YOU care???

The first time was not "great" but it was passable (except for the long long lines at buffet, and poor cabin quality)

I went on it 2x because we do a large singles cruise for Halloween and other people wanted to do Destiny cause the group had done Imagination for 2 years in a row

so I went along with them....hoping for the best and getting the worst

If you notice, I tend to go on ships more than once cause I prefer to sail from South Florida. I went on Glory 2x and it was better the 2nd time

We had our own fun and great excursion for the group I found on Cozumel, super all inclusive deal

but everyone preferred Imagination and/or the other ships

If you want my HONEST reason...because I wanted to know if I should take your review seriously and not consider that ship. That's all :)

If you want my HONEST reason...because I wanted to know if I should take your review seriously and not consider that ship. That's all :)

Thanks...well look at the facts...Destiny has almost as many people as the Conquest ships...but has a buffet that is the size of or smaller than the Fantasy ships (Imagination has a newly redesigned buffet that is awesome)

Destiny has cabins that are older than any of the redone Fantasy class ships....they have flat screen tvs and new bathrooms ...they were "gutted" and totally remodeled

Destiny has some old worn out cabins, and big bulky tvs, mine had a broken tv mount and sat on the dresser like a lump, obscuring the phone

Destiny has had problems for years....they only designed one in this "class" and then redid it for the Conquest class, fixing the many mistakes

The tvs were really nice on Glory, new flat screen with interactive menu,

can look up dinner/lunch menus....can check your folio any time

also they had LOCAL south florida stations on ....wow..that was a change, every other ship I have been on has some off the wall Colorado stations, it was nice to see local news on a ship that sails from Miami

(and notice I don't stoop to making personal attacks....wow some of you must have a vested interest in the old Destiny! LOL)

I don't like Carnival policy to singles at all....and please for those "my dear hub" peeps here....get a grip...many of you are probably on your 2nd or 3rd marriage, or statistically may get divorced/widowed. CC has such a Noahs Ark mentality....LOL...if Carnival suddenly changed their policy towards your little rug rats you would explode and you know it

This could explain why some people are single and miserable:D

This could explain why some people are single and miserable:D

I am not single and miserable

I am really glad to cruise with many friends and not have to be stuck with some old stick in the mud

FYI : I enjoy group cruises

then again I don't have a gambling or drinking or smoking problem so I can fit in nicely with a group <grin>

I guess some of you can't read can you??? I have been on many nice cruises....one so so cruise (Destiny 2009) and one horrid cruise...Destiny 2010

unlike some people here I don't tell people to "stay away from Carnival"

I do warn people about the worst ship in the fleet..Destiny

however, I sort of hope some of you sail on her...I hope you enjoy a big tv plopped on the counter, horrible service, and a guy pouring used sauce on your cold dessert (gag me)

I can ONLY hope you get the same lousy crew, cabin and service and then YOU tell me how a bad day at sea is better than whatever whatever

FYI : I don't live in some cold landlocked town...an average day in Fort Lauderdale is much nicer than being stuck on Destiny

Sure......ok:D

yeah, sure ok

truth hurts I guess

for those who had good service or got lucky on Destiny, bully for you

however...the facts remain....more people, less restaurants/food venues...longer lines, more problems with cabins, plumbing and air conditioning

do the math

if you can pick a different ship I surely would....Imagination does the 4 nights key west and coz....I had a great cruise on her in Dec 2010

and I am just back from a wonderful cruise on Glory

I post facts and I don't see why some of you are so "invested" in the Destiny

We were on the "Exotic Eastern"

Nassau, St Thomas, SanJuan and Grand Turk

Nassau >>> been there many times, got off and shopped a bit checked out senor frogs..we had a free shot coupon and 10% off coupon

St Thomas...wonderful day...picked up a jitney open air bus at the port, 13 of us on board....we went all over the hills and wow what a view

Mountain top is once again open so we stopped there....really a huge and somewhat pricey shopping place now LOL>> very cute bar with "banana" stools and lots of pirate statues that made for nice photo ops

enjoyed a yummy "world famous banana daquori"

We stopped at another overlook where a guy was "promoting" his goat Princess....

then we stopped at a little "flea" market with great prices....and there was "Monica Lewinsky" LOL>> the same donkey I met in St Thomas years ago...she was wearing her flower decked straw hat and flower necklace and of course we had to get a picture with her...her "trainer" claims she is 10 years old and "loves" her "work" LOL

He said "she be drinking Guinness and smokin cigars" >>>haha...I said to him...don't you mean YOU are drinking Guinness and smoking cigars haha???

The guy with the goat needs to dress her up to make her a "star" like Monica LOL

Our driver agreed to drop those who wanted beach off at MY choice : Secret Harbor

and it proved to be a great choice......lovely beach, lots of fish in water,

no one bothered us....they rent chairs for $5 but we just spread out towels on the beach

Very few people there....some hotel guests, about 5 young crew members from Royal Carribean....just perfect

I am soooo glad I didn't go to Megans Bay where all the cruise ships go

we had 7 ships in port and this beach was so empty....wonderful :)

Our driver had taken some of the group back to Havensight and he came back for us exactly 2 hours later as promised for no extra charge...we paid $25 each for this great service!

~~

San Juan...picked up a city tour for 20 bucks....wonderful driver/gude Javier, spoke perfect English and he shared so much information and insights ...we drove around to the condato area and looked at hotels, stoped at a trinket shop, he had 3 guys stand behind a "fountain" that looked like they were....LOL>> going to bathroom....haha....great photo op

we went to the Capitol building all marble and so many statues, very interesting, a gal guide showed us around there...we drove past the dangerous :La Perla: housing area and drove by the 2 forts , stopped at overlooks, saw the kite flyers

and then we were dropped in town and walked back, lovely old buildings, neat shops...I had a Pina Colada yum at Barrachinos that claims to have invented them...beautiful courtyard with parrots ...you can take a drink with you in a to -go cup (like Key West)

San Juan was lovely and I would love to go back there again for a longer stay, maybe do a southern cruise from there (and frankly most everyone spoke good English, which is more than I can say for Miami LOL)

~

Grand Turk was a great beach day...I wandered down to a small shack and had 3 conch fritters for $1 and diet coke for $1

lovely beach....great free loungers.....good time

very good cruise and ports JMO

Thank you for sharing. Lots of good and interesting info. Where did you walk to for the $1 conch fritters? Was it on the way to Jack's Shack or in a different direction?

It is on the way to Jack's shack....it looks brand new...little picnic benches, bar area....BIG hand painted wooden sign that you can see from ship advertising $1 sodas and cheap beers

I didn't make it all the way to Jack's shack :)

It is on the way to Jack's shack....it looks brand new...little picnic benches, bar area....BIG hand painted wooden sign that you can see from ship advertising $1 sodas and cheap beers

I didn't make it all the way to Jack's shack :)

Thanks! Will check it out next time we are there. Love conch fritters.:D

yeah, sure ok

truth hurts I guess

for those who had good service or got lucky on Destiny, bully for you

however...the facts remain....more people, less restaurants/food venues...longer lines, more problems with cabins, plumbing and air conditioning

do the math

if you can pick a different ship I surely would....Imagination does the 4 nights key west and coz....I had a great cruise on her in Dec 2010

and I am just back from a wonderful cruise on Glory

I post facts and I don't see why some of you are so "invested" in the Destiny

Truth hurts? LOL! What in the world:confused:

I had a great time on the Glory too:D

Archived