Gift shop question

I didn't find much on sale in the gift shop but they do have sales on the ship - we had one day were they had RCCL jackets, Tshirts and other items 50% on the pool deck. I bought a hooded jacket for $37.00 which I thought was pretty good. They also have jewelry on sale the last day. They run sales pretty much thru all of the shops just at different times.

For most of all our cruises, different days had different sales. We alomost always see the logo merchandise go on sale the 2nd or 3rd day and stay that way the entire cruise. Keep your eyes on the flyers delivered to your cabin because there will be "Special" sales during the cruise....

I noticed that sometimes they will have merchandise that they will only bring out & start selling on a certain day. I was looking to buy pashmina scarves and could see that they had them, but is wasn't until day 3 of the cruise that they started selling them. After that they were available for the rest of the cruise. Some items will be out for "special sale prices" for the entire cruise. I asked a sales person if an item was going to be reduced in price later on and she told me no....so I guess you can always ask. And like Jeff said - keep an eye out on the daily compass for further info. on specials.

I think some of the "sale" items are things that are normally sold in the gift shop. They look to me that they are really of lower quality than some of the things that they are selling inside the stores. Every cruise we have been on has the same sales all of the time. One day they have "gold" by the inch and another they will have loose gemstones, amber or watches among other items. This is stuff you will probably not find in the shops day to day. All cruiselines seem to do the same thing on every cruise we have ever been on.

As far as real sales, look for clearance displays in the shops themselves. Sometimes you will find good prices on items they no longer carry such as perfumes, makeup, some clothing.

Just my opinion --- Judy

I found the logo items, with the ship's itinerary printed on them, on sale when the ship was about to change itineraries.

Also saw items from a previous itinerary on sale. Bought both.

Actually, if you think about it...since another load of pax is coming on-board within hours of your load debarking, the sales are not to unload items. The sales are there as a last minute incentive to get you to part with more of your hard-earned cash. They don't have a reason to unload lower quality stuff, just unload anything. They put those items on sale that people would likely jump at because they won't buy them elsewhere (logo-wear or items with the ship name on it).

Archived