Conch

vfb2girls

If we make it to Belize in March we plan on going to the Wet Lizard, on their menu they have conch fritters. Was just wondering what is conch like? What is it compared to? I have seen posts where people say it is very good but need to know what to expect. Thanks

If we make it to Belize in March we plan on going to the Wet Lizard, on their menu they have conch fritters. Was just wondering what is conch like? What is it compared to? I have seen posts where people say it is very good but need to know what to expect. Thanks

Very chewy, the flavor is a little like steamed clam

I'd agree that clam is a good comparison. It is a bit chewy, but if if it's extremely chewy than it wasn't cooked properly.

In fritters, the taste will depend far more on the chef & how much (and what type of) seasoning they put into the breading. You taste that much more than you will taste the conch.

Well this is good to know since I hate clams! I guess I won't be ordering any conch! Will have to find something else!

Try their meat pies! Empandas filled with ground meat. Very tasty.

But do take a bite of the fritter, you might like it, I think it's closer to squid (calamari ) than clams, but that's just my opine.

Try their meat pies! Empandas filled with ground meat. Very tasty.

But do take a bite of the fritter, you might like it, I think it's closer to squid (calamari ) than clams, but that's just my opine.

Now the empandas sounds like something I really would enjoy, but I still think I will skip the conch, I am not a fan of squid either.

Archived