beaches but not A/I

evielou23

Hi we are looking for a nice beach with loungers and some where you can get a drink and a snack but i notice a lot of the beaches are A/I resorts. it wouldnt be worth it for us as we wont be at the beach all day and plan to do a spot of shopiing, also we are not massive drinkers and only have a light snack for lunch, maybe good nachos or tacos?? Can anyone reccomend a nice place. Also are golf carts available to rent in Coz??

Hi we are looking for a nice beach with loungers and some where you can get a drink and a snack but i notice a lot of the beaches are A/I resorts. it wouldnt be worth it for us as we wont be at the beach all day and plan to do a spot of shopiing, also we are not massive drinkers and only have a light snack for lunch, maybe good nachos or tacos?? Can anyone reccomend a nice place. Also are golf carts available to rent in Coz??

Try this link for a listing of all the beaches. http://www.cozumelinsider.com/BEACHES

I believe only Nachi Cocum is exclusively AI. Others have packages similar to AI or you can pay for separate items.

Re golf carts...the island isn't conducive to golf carts. There used to be places you could rent electric cars but they only went abput 30 miles before recharge and cost about the same as a regular rental car. Most folks find taxis the best alternative to and from a single beach or to get into town. Most tourist oriented shopping in San Miguel is around the main plaza and its easy walking.

We liked Carlos & Charlie's. No charge for chairs or minimum required to spend. Not crowded. Clean and beautiful.

232323232%7Ffp63242%3Enu%3D3363%3E%3B58%3E%3A49%3EWSNRCG%3D3363857295337nu0mrj

I think we have decide to go here to Carlos & Charlie's Beach Club. About how much should I expect to pay for a taxi from the cruise terminal to here? :cool:

Thanks, Name! Just to be clear, are there 2 Carlos and Charlies locations in Cozumel? We also want to shop downtown which is why I was wondering if the location at the beach is located downtown...

Have you been to this beach recently? It looks clean and has easy entry into the water. I assume all facilities such as lounge chairs, umbrellas, food, drink, changing, etc. are available? Is there a cost with any of these?

We were there last week and went to Paradise Beach. It is right next to Carlos and Charlie's and has a great beach and pool. It was $2 for a chair and the cab was $13 for 2 people. Not crowded the day we were there and food and drinks are available. They have toys in the water for an extra charge and you can snorkel from the beach.

Thanks, Name! Just to be clear, are there 2 Carlos and Charlies locations in Cozumel? We also want to shop downtown which is why I was wondering if the location at the beach is located downtown...

Have you been to this beach recently? It looks clean and has easy entry into the water. I assume all facilities such as lounge chairs, umbrellas, food, drink, changing, etc. are available? Is there a cost with any of these?

There's a Carlos & Charlies Restaurant on Rafael Melgar which is the main road downtown I believe, but you're talking about Carlos & Charlies beach. Just ask a cab driver to take you there. We docked at Puerta Maya and paid about $13.00 for the cab. This was in October 2009. There was no charge for chairs or any minimum purchase. We got a bottle of water for $2.00 and a mixed drink for about $5.00. My mom got a nice massage for $1.00 a minute. The restrooms were clean.

• 2 weeks later...

so you were listing the prices two weeks ago at Paradise Beach then?

we were in Cozumel the day before and were told that because it was so slow they didn't require any amount of purchase and were just glad to have someone on their beach.

haven't been (but will go next time to Carlos and Charlies) but if you are new to cruising I DEFINITELY recommend Passion Island. It's all inclusive. You won't get left behind but beware it is a rather lengthy ride to the Island. We booked other tours and they were all very much shorter. You get more bang for you buck. If you decide to go tell Leo hi for us. He's AMAZING!!

Archived