Southampton boarding question

QM2 fan

Hiya-can anyone tell me is there any priority boarding for Gold world club members? We've only ever travelled in Grills before, and I know they have priority boarding. This time (with kids) we are not grills,so I am trying to work out how long we'll have to Q ....

There is only priority boarding for Platinum and Above, gold members do not get priority- I should know my parents are priority boarding without me on my next voyage:( Jammy so and so's!!

Anyway. If you get there nice and early then you shouldn't have to wait too long. Ive always arrived at the Terminal by 12 and have never been aboard later than 1.30! Suppose that the more people who follow this advice though, the busy it will become!

Whilst I now have the luxury of Platinum status and last year waited only 30 mins at the maximum due to hold ups in the disembarkation of departing passengers, my waits in the past have never been more than 1 hour to 1.5 hours from baggage handlers to on board ship as a Gold status member.

There are so many variables that could go wrong, but Cunard have a good well worn and used process and approach which does work (mostly). I think its quicker and more friendly than airports so I have never been too stressed at a short wait.

Never mind GSYWills23, one day you will be Platinum status and then you will be able to use the 'fast lane' as well and those delays of the past will seem like an eternity away. All it takes is 7 cruises to hit the magic button, as you have two booked this year and some from the past (??) you are probably close to Platinum status soon. Then you can accompany your parents and not have to linger in the terminal on your own !!! icon7.gif

Whilst I now have the luxury of Platinum status and last year waited only 30 mins at the maximum due to hold ups in the disembarkation of departing passengers, my waits in the past have never been more than 1 hour to 1.5 hours from baggage handlers to on board ship as a Gold status member.

icon7.gif

That long!!

As I was thinking back beyond last year I didn't want to make the mistake of suggesting it was quicker than this. When you take off 5 mins to sort car with CPS, whilst porters remove baggage, 3-4 mins to walk inside and recieve medical questionaires, 10 mins to queue and at least 5 miins for photo, credit card registering and boarding passes, (34 mins) this leave a short wait on the seating near the refreshments of upto 25 mins until your card number is called and you spend 10 mins snaking through final bag checks and onto the ship. At least 1 hour and maybe more.

Now I don't find this slow but very speedy, so last year getting on board in about 45-50 mins was like an express. I always get there around 12 noon so this may contribute to the my personal view and experience of delays however also got on at 2 pm once and boarding was even slower.icon7.gif

Archived