Newbie to NCL

tulips*n*truffles

Hi all!

I'm relatively new to cruising...went to Alaska on Princess in summer of 2009 and the boards were absolutely indespensible!! Now looking at a cruise on NCL to the Bahamas in late July.

I'm wondering if anyone can point me to a thread that answers some of the "commonly asked questions" about NCL or specifically the Jewel? I'm looking for general information about balconies (are they all covered?), plusses of a mini-suite versus balcony, dining rooms (can 2 people dine together without company?), shore excursions, yadda yadda.

I just know a thread like this has to exist...I'm just having trouble finding it.

Thanks so much!!

I don't think there is one particular thread that will cover your questions, the search option will be your friend, also go back a few pages and see if you can find things on earlier threads.

For what its worth:

Balcony vs. Mini Suite = M.S. has a bigger bathroom, a curtain that will separate the sleeping area from the sofa area. No suite amenities are offered for a mini suite.

Dining: yes there are two tops, when you go up to the hostess just ask to be seated for two, just like at any landbased restaurant. You might be ask if you would LIKE to share if the restaurant is busy, but it is your option.

For the shore excurisons ask or read the Ports of Call boards you might get some really great information over there.

Have a great time, it will be HOT HOT HOT when you sail. Be prepared. :)

I am on the Jewel 7/23. Here is a list of excursions: http://s614.photobucket.com/albums/tt224/oesnjstar/NCL%20Jewel/excursions/

Mini suite has more room than a balcony and have not stayed in a mini suite but have stayed in a balcony and it was very nice. Please note prices as I have seen them rise lately so monitor that.

Do you have children and need any of that info you can most likely click around on that photobucket site and find it. I also have dailies somewhere in a pdf format.

Archived