Is There Really No Bayou Cafe/Steakhouse or Crown Grill aboard the Diamond Princess?

Andos

We were on the Diamond in May and the Golden in June. While on the Diamond, we ate at Stirling and the New York strip and filet were fabulous. When on the Golden we ate at the Crown Grill. We ordered the same meals and they were horrible - fatty, tough, flavorless. The potatoes we barely warm. We rejected the meals, but the replacements were barely acceptable. The service in both restaurants was excellent and the ambiance in the Crown is very nice but we did have a great ocean view table in the Stirling. By the way, Sabatini's offers a steak (I believe it is a filet) on thier menu.

We were on the Diamond in May and the Golden in June. While on the Diamond, we ate at Stirling and the New York strip and filet were fabulous. When on the Golden we ate at the Crown Grill. We ordered the same meals and they were horrible - fatty, tough, flavorless. The potatoes we barely warm. We rejected the meals, but the replacements were barely acceptable. The service in both restaurants was excellent and the ambiance in the Crown is very nice but we did have a great ocean view table in the Stirling. By the way, Sabatini's offers a steak (I believe it is a filet) on thier menu.
The only steak at Sabatini's is a 10 ounce strip steak. Although we enjoyed almost everything on the new menu, the strip steak was nearly inedible. Admittedly DW prefers her meat medium well, but the result was tough and tasteless.

Several years ago on the Golden I had medium rare filet in the MDR, Crown Grill and the Chef's Table. All were good to very good but, rated starting with the best beef, my ranking for that cruise was;

First - MDR

Second - Chef's Table

Third - Crown Grill

Go figure!

Last year we had Surf and Turf for our UBD. The quality of that steak was on a par with land based steakhouses such as Smith and Wollensky. That was our experience.

Archived