Door decorations

bunchesofun

I did on my Thanksgiving/Escape Black Friday cruise. But it was for my own amusement. I had a different picture for each day or port.

2778635490102635822S500x500Q85.jpg

2883964300102635822S500x500Q85.jpg

someone tried to take two of them off the door, unsuccessfully, so they were ripped into a couple pieces hanging by the tape. :mad:

The above two are my welcome aboard door signs. I had a morning coffee one (cow drinking a cup of coffee), elegant night, welcome to each port, and Happy Thanksgiving from our herd to yours (cow about to devour a pumpkin pie).

My next door neighbors thought the cabin steward was putting the signs on my door, till I introduced them to my cow. :D

BSQ, what fun!

I usually go to the dollar store and get window decorations that stick on. Never had a problem with anyone bothering them. One year for Halloween I hung a trick or treat sign, I also print off cool pics about sailing. It makes it so easy to know your room. Have fun with it!

Door decorations are a must for me. I always put our itinerary on it with the name our group goes by. We always have our rooms side by side so it helps not just our group but others have commented to me that our door helped them find their room. I put my Cruise Critic name and the website logo on it as well.

Last cruise was a Monkeyhead cruise so I also put a bunch of monkeys on our door. This year I am putting Lilo and Stitch (my traveling gnomes as it is) on it as well. Just have fun. I have never had any problem with theft of the decorations. In fact some people add to it with little stickers.:D

We sail every year at Halloween and we have at least 3-5 cabins in the same hall way and we decorate the whole hall way as well as the doors its awesome this year some one in our group bought us all little memo pads with pens so we could leave notes to each other as to where we were on the ship or where we were going and they worked great until about the last 2 days of the cruise when a kid took all the stickey notes and put them all over the door just to take it apart cause they thought it would be funny...

Our daughter was married on the Pride this past January. We put paper up on their door with a marker attached. The message was to leave advice for the newlyweds. They got some funny responses and some good advice. On another day, we put another sheet of paper up and the message was to add wishes and blessings. Again, some nice responses and one nasty response. Someone added to it to disregard the nasty comment!

For all the guest cabins, I made 4X7 cards with a tropical scene and their names on the card. I stuck it on with tape just above the lock! It was just a small reminder that helped to find the cabin easier. Nothing big and bold- it was just right!

I usually go to the party store and get medium size vibrant cut outs from the Hawaiian themed section.

Last yr, I had crabs, margarita glasses, hula dancers, etc.. on our doors. All tropical and super cute. Definitely helps with everyone finding their cabins!!

My grandmother LOVED it because she said the hall was so long, she never knew where her room was.

:)

So they don't mind if you put peel and stick on the doors? I found online cutouts of a cruise ship that are peel and stick, supposedly repositionable. Also one of a porthole. Thought those were cute. I was also concerned that they wouldn't want anything sticky on the door (might leave residue).

We always decorate our cabin door. I found the best place to get the things I want is the dollar stores and the teacher suppy shops. Even the party stores have great items.

We have had several different thems in the past- Graduation, Tiki bar, and Under the sea. Have not yet decided what to use this July....

Use heavy duty magnets ot tacky stuff-try to stay away from tape (this could remove paint).

We also take it upon ourselves to remove and dispose of all decor when we leave- the steward has enough to do.

Dear FB;

I love your door. There can be no mistaking who is staying there.

I went to Party City for some decorations, but they said I was several holidays early. They said to check on line. Don't cruise until April... so I'll wait until March and try again.

Nancy

We have had several different thems in the past- Graduation, Tiki bar, and Under the sea. Have not yet decided what to use this July....

I like your idea of having different themes for your different cruises. We are looking to decorate our room door for the first time this year. I think it would be fun to do something really girly since it is a multi-generational girls only cruise this time.

Anyone have any idea what the door dimensions are on the Carnival Dream?? Or is there a way to find out?

I want to say either 24" or 28" for standard doors, 32" or so for handicap accessible ones. Sorry, I can't find my notes on that from last year. :o

This was our door on our Halloween cruise. I put a little "you are here" dot on the picture of the ship.

34407_1705356314639_1259965477_1819704_4079589_n.jpg

Another cruise we went on was to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday. I made posters with pictures of her and a note that said "Jennifer's NOT 40, She's 18 with 22 Years Experience". That one got lots of nice comments.

We decorated our door, with one of those dangling metallic letter "Happy Birthday" signs, and a birthday card picture of a dog in a rastafarian hat with dreadlocks (hey, we were going to Jamaica!) for my 30th/mom's 50th birthday cruise.

On about the 4th-5th night, someone stole them!! :mad::mad::mad:

I was really angry that someone would do such a thing. HOW RUDE!!!!!!!

This thread gave me an idea for our next cruise. I want to cover the entire door in white drawing paper and put some crayons or markers next to the door and just let people get creative.

LOL! Hope you're not taking a spring break cruise, or one with a lot of teens on board! We hang a magna-doodle or white board on our door, and at least once during our cruise, some kid will inevitably think it's funny to write or draw something obscene on it. :eek:

Archived