Black & White night

Pasty

Please excuse my ignorance but we are first time cruisers with P&O. We are on a 7 night Fjord cruise & understand from the forums there are 2 formal nights. So when is the Black & White evening??? I have 2 lovely evening gowns but neither are black so will I have to buy another one for this night? Is there anything else I need to be "prepared" for ie: Tropical theme night??? Many thanks:confused:

Please excuse my ignorance but we are first time cruisers with P&O. We are on a 7 night Fjord cruise & understand from the forums there are 2 formal nights. So when is the Black & White evening??? I have 2 lovely evening gowns but neither are black so will I have to buy another one for this night? Is there anything else I need to be "prepared" for ie: Tropical theme night??? Many thanks:confused:

Hi Pasty, I am going to be wearing my black trousers and sparkly top and add the white with handbag and accessories. I have never sailed with P and O before but I am sure this will be fine. Like yourself I have bought 2 long dresses but neither are black and because I am not a dressy up person at home I don't really want to buy anymore.

Trish

Really dont worry there is no fashion police on board... maybe you could add an accessory to your evening wear that is black and white? On our first cruise I did that .. pined a white flower on a black evening bag.

Some ladies wear cream and some like me just black with white pearls around my neck.. The other nights are just themes no body dresses for them.

enjoy your cruise

B&W night is a formal night. However not everyone wears B&W or compensate but adding lots of black and white accessoriess.

You haven't said what ship you're on but this link should help!

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/dress_code_all

This is brilliant - could it not be made a Sticky?:)

Thanks MrsTW

I wonder if people would moan if P&O stopped the theme nights? If no-one supports them, they may well do! Personally I think B/W Night looks very effective and Tropical is always fun. Dressing appropriately adds to the whole essence of the cruise. Its what separates it from any other holiday!

Wear your brightest, flowery dress or top - think sarong type prints. I tend to wear a brightly printed top with white trousers. It's one of the more casual evenings.

I felt really stupid after writing that! When I opened the wardrobe I spotted the brightest, flowery sundress which will be suffice:D Thanks for the response to such a dumb query:o

Archived