Only eight more sleeps!!

moles

Just checking on this forum for any new reviews or posts as we travel to DR next Sunday from Gatwick for a weeks Gems Cruise on the Destiny, then a week A/I in Riu Bambu in Punta cana.

Any tips or news would be appreciated from any members.

We are only full board on the Destiny, not A/I, so any advice re buying drinks on shore or on board?

There's a duty free shop on board, and you're allowed to take bottles back to your cabin. Bottles of wine cost £6, but remember to take a corkscrew. Bottles of spirits cost around £10 or less.

There's an ice bucket in your cabin, and if you ask your room steward they will fill it with ice for you every day.

Also, any alcohol you buy ashore can be taken to your cabin - they don't confiscate it like on a lot of other ships.

In the bar, a pint of lager costs £3.25. Half is £1.75. Cocktails are £3.95. Wine approx £4 a glass, or about £15 a bottle. Soft drinks are about £1.60 a can.

Bottled water is expensive on the ship - £1.75 for 1.5 litres. A/I people have to pay for this.

Tea and coffee, and water, are available all day in the Lido cafe. You're not allowed to fill your water bottles there, but you can use insulated mugs.

I hope this helps. Have a great time.

Archived