Questions about Destiny

brytyje3

Hi All! Considering a cruise on the Destiny and I have a couple questions that I could't easily find the answers for on the Carnival site.

- Does anyone know the approx. size of a standard balcony room? What is the difference between that and a premium balcony room?

- Do balcony dividers open so that family in the next room can enjoy balcony time with us?

- Are there wine and soda packages available?

Thanks!

I have sailed the Destiny 3 times:

1. Balcony cabin is 220 sq ft. I am unsure about the premium

2. The dividers do open. All you need to do is ask your room steward.

3. They do offer packages.

This is including the balcony....not just the space in the cabin. I believe the cabin itself is 185 sq ft.

Just a note about the balony dividers.

We were on Destiny in 2009 and two rooms side by side and asked the steward open the divider. Because of the way the door went, when it was open, it completely shut off the balcony door to one of the cabins. It was terribly awkward and quite annoying.

When the divider is unlocked, there is a hook to attach it to the wall so that it doesn't "go bang, bang, bang" (exact quote from the guy who unlocked it- that was hysterical) The cabin I was in was fine, but our next door neighbors had to call us to let them out on the balcony when the door was open and fastened correctly. During the day we just left it open but at night we couldn't, as it really did "go bang, bang, bang". When our neighbors woke up they would call our room & say "can you open bang bang bang and let us out". Again, hysterical.

It's all about which cabins you get. Had our friends been on the other side of us there would have been no problem at all. The 'fastner' would not have caused the either balcony door to be inaccesible.

I don't know that there would be any way to know in advance which cabins would be a problem and which would not.

Just for your information, that's all.

Archived