Dining Assignment for a Large Group

mommyto2kids

We are travelling with a group of 15. I'm trying to figure out the best plan to link our reservations and dining assignment.

The challenge is that there are smaller groups within our larger group meaning that while we all know each other and want to dine at the same time and in the same dining room there are different groups that I want to be seated together.

Let me explain.

My family of 5 is going on a cruise. My SIL's family decided to come. Both of our families include children.

My parents then decided to come as did their best friends and my sister and BIL.

I would like if possible for the groups with kids to either be seated together or on their own with their families and the 3 couples together etc.

I am wondering if it will make any difference what reservations are connected. For example if I connect my parents reservation to mine, but only connect their friends to their reservation and not mine would it make any difference or am I better off not worrying about it and just figuring out if we need to do any table switching (within our group) when we get there.

If you "link" all the reservations, when you arrive at your tables, put everyone where you want....you can play "musical chairs", if you wish!

You will be at 2 different tables, anyway...I've never seen a ship that seats 15 at one table!

And who knows...it's quite possible that the kids won't be eating in the DR everynight...and those parents may enjoy some of your "adult" company. So, you can switch it up nightly, as everyone sees fit.

There were 12 of us on a recent cruise. We linked all the reservations to my brothers. They sat us at two tables side by side and we moved around between the two tables and had a different seating configuration every night.

Grandparents sat with the kids one night, I sat with my brothers kids one night and so on.......................

there were 12 of us recently on a cruise and we sat at one long table. diane

There is 12 of us going soon also. Wasn't it hard at a bit long table to converse? Did you change the seating arrangement within that table each night then? Oh well, as I have said, I'm on the ship! I really don't care, all of the group are fantastic people!!

Hope you are able to arrange what works best for everyone!

7toeleven we just switch up each night..we all went to dinner at the same time and just took a seat.....

I think that is a terrific idea! I bet you had a great time visiting and spending time with everyone! I'm sure that is what we will do also.

Archived