Tampa Hotels

Senrat11

We stayed at Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport/Westshore. Not sure if you're flying/driving. We got a great park/stay/cruise rate ($99/night) which included free hot breakfast, free parking in their lot for up to 14 days and free shuttle to the port. The only downside is you gotta get your own transport back. but they recommended a great company and it was $10 pp for the ride back.

If money isn't an option, there are some beautiful hotels Channelside right next to the port.

We recently sailed out of Tampa and had booked a cruise package at the Holiday Inn, Rocky Point. When we arrived at the Holiday Inn, someone had made a mistake and they were overbooked, and we were sent to the Hotel next door, The Chase Suites. The Holiday Inn staff were very apologetic about the error. They then transported us over to the Chase Suites, provided us transportation to the port the next morning and then upon our return they picked us up and took us to the airport. And they did not charge us anything!! All free!! Anyone can make an error, but the Holiday Inn handled it in a more than satisfactory manner. I would not hesitate to book the Holiday Inn again. The Chase Suites were nice as well. No complaints from me for either of the properties.:)

We recently sailed out of Tampa and had booked a cruise package at the Holiday Inn, Rocky Point. When we arrived at the Holiday Inn, someone had made a mistake and they were overbooked, and we were sent to the Hotel next door, The Chase Suites. The Holiday Inn staff were very apologetic about the error. They then transported us over to the Chase Suites, provided us transportation to the port the next morning and then upon our return they picked us up and took us to the airport. And they did not charge us anything!! All free!! Anyone can make an error, but the Holiday Inn handled it in a more than satisfactory manner. I would not hesitate to book the Holiday Inn again. The Chase Suites were nice as well. No complaints from me for either of the properties

I agree 100% that the HI Rocky Pt has great customer service. We stayed here last Oct for our pre-cruise. Upon pick up at the port, my fiance sat upfront with driver and myself along with a roll call friend and a group of older ladies sat in the back. He had a fanny-pack that he sat down on on the console of the van upfront. Upon getting to the airport, he got out and helped me and the other ladies out of the van. There is a steep step down and they offer a small bench-step but is was nice to have a helping hand. Anyway, we grabbed our big suitcases and he totally forgot to grab his fanny pack from the frontseat which had over $800 in cash and both our Passports. As soon as the van drove off we realized our mistake and immediately called the hotel. The hotel Mgr. kept us on the phone while he called the van driver which then made a u-turn and brought back our bag. The Mgr stayed on the phone with us while we checked to see if everything was there. It was. We gave a $20 tip to the driver for his trouble and wrote a nice letter to HI headquarters in reference to how wonderfully the Mgr dealt with the situation. We were very gratefull and will be using this hotel again for our upcoming 10/31/11 cruise.

OP, here is a link for a little more info on the HI and Hampton Inn Rocky Point. It is over on the Florida Ports Boards which has some very usefull info.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1356383

Archived