Rain In Belize

gquest

Hello,

I am leaving on the Valor this Sunday and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestion of things to do if my cave tubing excursion in Belize gets canceled due to rain. Weather.com reports Shower (40%). I am a little worried at this point and wanted to have a plan B in place. Also, what is there to do on days at sea if it rains? Thanks :o

We were in belize last week and it was 98 degrees a little rain would feel good. We took the river/mayan ruins tour it was very good, but a little to hot when we got to the ruins. I sat under a tree. Don't leave the port area alone

not to safe.

The day I was in Belize, it was raining lightly. We boarded the bus for the long ride, and by the time we got to the caves it had mostly stopped raining. The driver said it rains most days, just not all day. I don't think they actually cancel the excursion for rain, if it is warm out the rain won't make much of a difference in your trip. The water is refreshingly warm in the river and you are in the caves most of the time. Do remember to take a change of clothes as the ride back can be very cold in wet clothing.

Good call Heidiho, it is a rain forest. When we were there we had a torrential downpour at the end of our cave tubing. It lasted about 5 minutes, then the sun returned. Made it a little tough for some of the busses to get up the dirt road, but didn't affect anything else.

Archived