Last leg of our return flight cancelled. Anything I can do?

CruisinManiac

OP - IMO, you are not going to receive any kind of compensation, or free lounge access or get US to pay for a hotel room. Airlines cancel and change flights everyday. You can cancel your reservation and receive a refund in full, or ask to be placed on another flight.

On US's webpage, there is a flight 30 May, FCO-CLT-TRI.

FCO-CLT Flight #721 Leave FCO 11:05 a.m. arrive CLT 3:50 p.m.

CLT-TRI Flight #4184 Depart CLT 5:59 p.m. arrive TRI 6:57 p.m.

Am I missing something? Why can't they put you on this flight?

Did you read this entire thread? I posted that we are flying back on the 29th in order for DH to have a day of rest before heading back to work. I also posted about this flight, and how strange it was to have these times the next day. ;) It is a choice if I can talk DH into another day in Rome.

Are y'all sure that we can cancel this flight without penalties if we found something else? I doubt we can find pricing as good as what we have at this late date, though.

Two thoughts. First, if your first flight is vaguely on time, you could take a taxi and have a nice dinner in any Charlotte restaurant. Second, there is still plenty of time for US Air to change their schedule again before May 29; maybe you'll get a better connection.

I sure hope so. ;) DH and I decided to just go with the flow and make the best of the situation. Hopefully, that earlier flight will open back up and we can get back onboard.

Is there anyway to track a flight like that without having to check for it each day?

I was on hold with USAir way too long trying to find out about the flight time change. I finally hung up, but was able to get a automative recording that had my seating listed correctly. Feel much better about that.:)

Archived