Cruise suggestions

We took our first cruise last month and went to Cozumel, Costa Maya and Belize. We had a fabulous time and are excited to start planning our next cruise! Planning is half the fun, something exciting to look forward to!

We would love some suggestions for your favorite itinerary. We are thinking the eastern caribbean this time, but can't decide if the north or the south is better.

We love to "do" things in each country, so we would like ports were there is stuff to see and do. Not really into sitting around a fenced in port drinking all day with the other cruise ship passengers. From what i've read so far about Grand Turk, that is what people do there, stay at the port.

What is your favorite cruise?

We took our first cruise last month and went to Cozumel, Costa Maya and Belize. We had a fabulous time and are excited to start planning our next cruise! Planning is half the fun, something exciting to look forward to!

We would love some suggestions for your favorite itinerary. We are thinking the eastern caribbean this time, but can't decide if the north or the south is better.

We love to "do" things in each country, so we would like ports were there is stuff to see and do. Not really into sitting around a fenced in port drinking all day with the other cruise ship passengers. From what i've read so far about Grand Turk, that is what people do there, stay at the port.

I would suggest an eastern itin. We really love the Saint Thomas, San Juan, HMC, Grand Turk itin. If you can do the Liberty she is a great ship. There is allot to do in all those ports. Lots of walking, excursions, etc. Don't be too hasty about listening to people who tell you to just 'stay in port'. We have done some great excursions in Grand Turk, if you like snorkeling there is an awesome 'drop' they can take you to, where the water goes from 30 feet deep down a sheer cliff to 7,000 feed deep. Enjoy whatever you choose!

Not sure when you're planning to cruise or if you have preferences on where you leave out of.....

We love Spirit Class ships. Miracle does an Eastern/Southern out of Ft Lauderdale in the fall, winter, early spring. Great ship and staff!

We are doing an Eastern on Freedom in Nov....San Juan, St Thomas, Tortola, Antigua and Nassau.

Both of the above are 8 day cruises. Victory does a 7 day southern which is port intensive, but you would need to fly to San Juan for that one.

DH and I aren't "ship people"...we are "port people"...lol. We like to do and do things in port. We also did Cozumel, Costa Maya and Belize on the Dream. We just got off of the Victory - we loved the itinerary so much....we came home and booked another for next Jan. You may want to look at it.

My favorite is the 8 Day Western to Cozumel, Costa Rica and Panama. Both The Miracle and the Freedom are currently rotating this itin and an Eastern. I sailed to these ports on the Freedom in '09 and similarly on the Legend (Although it was Belize instead of Coz)in '06. I would have done the Freedom Western again for my upcoming sailing BUT the price was incredibly high (booking less than 2 months out for a college Spring Break week) and there were no balconies available!

These are all great ports with some intersting excursions and I LOVE that there is 4 days at sea for this intinerary! The 8 Day Eastern on the Freedom and Miracle look very good as well and offer more port days than the Western sailing.

Funny...my favorite so far was Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize and Roatan!

I have tried twice to get to the Panama Canal on Carnival but the itinerary was changed both times. So that is something on my bucket list. :)

Archived