From Falmouth to Dunns River Falls

cr8z4cruzn

Looking for a little insight on getting from Falmouth Jamaica to Dunns River Falls in Ocho Rios. Though I've climbed the falls several times, my traveling partners haven't and this would be the highlight of our Jamaica trip. Oh...did I forget to mention??....Not interested in paying the RCCL excusion fee for the express trip there and back for $72 pp. Here's some additional concerns: The way we get there is the same way we'd like to get back....not interested in getting stuck an hour away without a ride back to the port, and driving on the single winding roads is not an option. Does anyone know of a reliable transportation service there that we could depend on for drop off and pick up?

I am also curious. We are a group of 16, and booking a private exursion but they want an extra $15 per person if we dock in Falmouth vs Ochos Rios. I find it hard to believe it would cost an extra $240 to get between the two places. I have never been there, so I guess anything is possible.

How much would it cost to take a cab to the falls? Is Dolphin cove within walking distance? Will it be hard to catch a cab back? Thanks!!

We were there last week and we took a ship excursion. The one thing I might say is that it is almost an hour drive from Falmouth to Ocha Rios one way. I would very cautious about independent transportation. We went snorkeling, Dunns Falls followed by lunch. We arrived back with 30 minutes to spare. It makes for a long day but at least it is in Royal Carribean's hand for getting us back in time. On a different subject, it was a wonderful celebration when we arrived!:)

We were there last week and we took a ship excursion. The one thing I might say is that it is almost an hour drive from Falmouth to Ocha Rios one way. I would very cautious about independent transportation. We went snorkeling, Dunns Falls followed by lunch. We arrived back with 30 minutes to spare. It makes for a long day but at least it is in Royal Carribean's hand for getting us back in time. On a different subject, it was a wonderful celebration when we arrived!:)

Totally agree with you. I would not recommend using a private company for quite some time. The infrastructure in Falmouth is not ready to handle the amount of traffic. The distance and the inevitable delays....I'd spend the extra to know that there is a port agent monitoring the tours.

Maybe this will change in the future. If I knew that answer I'd buy a lottery ticket too. ;)

Got to agree on this one also. Was just there last week. We were supposed to be back on board the ship at 4:00.... people were still running back to the ship at 4:45. I'm assuming they were on an RCI trip. Things are still a bit mixed up at the port with all the construction and all. My room was right at the front of the ship looking into the bridge area. The Captain was looking out the window for the last 1/2 hr and he did not look happy.

Archived