suggestions for Cozumel? All inclusive? Kids ages 6 and 10

OnTheBrink

We just booked a quick cruise for March. Tampa and Cozumel and back. So - what to do in Cozumel? Our kids are 6 and almost 10. My husband is interested in an all inclusive beach place. Any suggestions?

Last time we were there we did Chakanaab. But they were 4 and a baby then.

What is this place?

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/AllInclusiveResortPass.htm

I can't figure out exactly what it is. It seems family friendly, but I don't see an actual name of the resort, so it's hard to tell.

We have been to Nachi Cocum and loved it! It is All-inclusive and, although we were there before baby, there were other kids there. I think we paid $100 for two of us and it was all you can drink and eat. They have a beautiful beach, decent pool, massages and great food. There are people there for watersports rentals if you want to do that. We got a cab with a few others from the pier and it was no problem getting there or getting back to the port.

I would check the Cozumel board for exactly how to book. When we tried to book with their site, we were told that they were sold out. Someone on here e-mailed me a contact to book through and once we got there, they had no recollection of our reservation. We ended up paying another $100 to stay but it is our own fault for booking through some random person.

But, all in all, great place to spend time in Cozumel!

Nachi Cocum is good, we have taken our grandson there twice. The price is 49 for adults and 17 for 4 to 11 yr olds and under 3 is free. They give you plenty of food and drinks, we have also paid for massages there and they were good, I don't recall the price, but cheaper then the ship. The restrooms are clean and the beach is ok, the swimming pool was nice and it has an adult jacuzzi area too. If you want to see the menu you can look at it on line and to book Nachi you go through Island Marketing. I know they only allow 100 people per day and I have seen others post that they could not get a reservation, but I am one of those planners so we have never had a problem. If you are looking for children oriented activities I don't remember any, our grandson alway's has a blast playing in the sand and water and pool.

We just booked a quick cruise for March. Tampa and Cozumel and back. So - what to do in Cozumel? Our kids are 6 and almost 10. My husband is interested in an all inclusive beach place. Any suggestions?

Last time we were there we did Chakanaab. But they were 4 and a baby then.

What is this place?

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/AllInclusiveResortPass.htm

I can't figure out exactly what it is. It seems family friendly, but I don't see an actual name of the resort, so it's hard to tell.

I think the hotel is Sol Melia. We are considering it too. If you decide to go, I would love to hear what your thoughts are. Have fun picking out the best excursion for your family!

Nachi Cocum is very nice with pool, all inclusive drinks included etc but there are no water toys-jumping trampoline, climbing things etc. Paradise beach has nice pool, beach and water toys. I think your 6 and 10 yr old may enjoy that a bit more but its not all inclusive.

I've been to Paradise Beach a few times, and even though it's not an A/I, I'd vote for it. The food and drinks are relatively cheap, nice beach, clean restaurant and bathrooms, plenty of activities for kids, and attentive staff. It's about a 15-20 minute taxi ride from the pier, and my last experience was they charge per taxi load. (I saw 3 folks get into a taxi - I was solo - asked if I could join - and we paid per person, which was cheaper for everyone). Plenty of water activities (extra). I always saw kids having a blast.....so much fun that they didn't eat much! Also a decent pool. Lots of taxis waiting to take you back to the ship. The road from the pier is straight and well-paved. I think you'll save money in the long-run by not doing an A/I. We did this once (2000??) on an excursion to Xel-Ha (from Cancun), and although the place was wonderful, I wouldn't do an A/I package again. Have fun and enjoy your cruise!!

We loved Nachi Cocum with our 4 year old and 2 1/2 year old. We are from Florida, so they are used to beach days, but we just brought a bunch of beach toys and relaxed. They played in the pool as well. The waiters are great and keep everyone's glasses full, including the kids. They had non alcoholic fruity drinks, waters, etc. My girls both enjoyed that the most, and we will most definitely go back.

Archived