nightclub on ventura?

phil2

Hi Phil

The nightclub on Ventura is a big nightclub, very nice and big dancefloor, the DJ's are changed every so often but are very happy to play a tune if you go and ask them. I sometimes thing that they play to the audience that happens to be in that night..i.e if the more older end are in they will play music that they want to hear, if there are a lot of 19 to 25 years old they will play more modern chart tunes, ( which the older ones dont like ) As for does it get busy then I would have to say no, not really, seems that when the club starts around 12 ish, (after all the shows) the place empties and all seem to go to bed, its a shame because its a great place to let your hair down and have a good dance. Saying that it has never stopped me and a few other 'club' lovers from enjoying the evening. The bar closes probably around 3 am, depending on how many people are in there.

aww :( that sounds great but i cant look forward to it if its guna be full of old middle aged people who want to listen to cliff richard as oppose to lady gaga lol, also shame its quiet :(

But I think the average age on P&O is about 50-60. Less on long-distance fly cruises or school holidays, more from Southampton off-season.

Had the same problem on RCI IOS if its any consolation. Tried to get some Tinie Tempah and the DJ said who? and played some ABBA songs!! :confused:

That was a bit rude Phil!

Whilst P&O have family-friendly ships the average age is still higher than other lines that attract younger passengers like NCL and Carnival.

Depending on where in the teens you are the youth team would normally have a separate "disco" area as oppossed to the nightclub.

the nightclub, is it good, busy, plays the uk charts? and most important what time it open and close??

Phil I can guarantee that all of the music played will be from the UK charts. What decade I cannot say but somewhere between the 60's and the 00's.

The disco scene depends on the ship and the time of year. You sound as if you need a July August cruise on a family ship.

The best disco for being full was on Aurora on our first cruise in August. But that was 10 years ago.

I realise that you will not have much choice in the cruise timing but I fear if you hit the wrong time of year you may be unlucky.

If you are less than 17 you may have a better time in the teens club.

If over, then I feel you are not going to get the scene you require.

Opens 10ish and finishes when you drop.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:BOF:cool:

Dai

Archived