Restaurants on Pacific Pearl

beck4711

Hello everyone

We are cruising on the Pearl for Xmas and i've read heaps about the different restaurants, some good, some bad, some included and some not.

Can anyone that has been on the Pearl, give us the low down.

Thanks heaps :o

Hi beck4711,

Pacific Pearl has:

A large full service restaurant called 'Waterfront Restaurant', open Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. (no additional cost - included in your fare)

A Bistro/Buffet style restaurant called ' Plantation Restarant', open Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. (no additional cost - included in your fare)

A 'Grill' serving Burgers etc. (no additional cost - included in your fare)

Luke Mangan's 'Salt Grill' is available for an additional cover charge ($40-$50 per head) This is highly recommended and you will need to book early as it's very popular.

There is also a small intimate private room called 'The Wine Room' which can be booked for small gatherings (not sure of the cost)

I haven't been on Pacific Pearl myself yet so I will leave those who have to critique the restaurants on board.

Jenny:)

Thanks, we have 10 days so might go early to Salt Grill, so if we like it we can come back again.

I've heard the buffet is not so good, the burger place might be good for chance one lunch or dinner to.

They dont really spell out what you have said anywhere....:)

Hi

I was on the 3 day comedy cruise on 3 February. Here's my 2 cents worth.

If you can book the Salt Grill more than once and you can afford it, do it as soon as you get on the ship - ring the restaurant from your cabin. It is truly amazing and you won't regret the extra bucks.

Waterfront - looks good but most of the food that we had (we ate there 3 times in the 3 days) was dry, cold or unplatable - the sweets were good though!

Plantations - omg this place was appalling (in my opinion) although our cruise had a significant number of people who probably don't normally wear shoes .. anywhere!! Perhaps on a longer cruise it won't be so bad. The views are amazing though. The food is repeated 3 times around a U-shaped serving area and apparently they serve the same food as you would get a-la-carte @ Waterfront - mass-produced a-la-carte food is atrocious if you ask me. Again, the desserts are good. Even breakfast was a disappointment - and on the 3rd day I just had coffee.

I'm not particularly fussy, but really it's not great. When I'm on holiday I like to look forward to meal times and on this ship I couldn't. (except for Salt Grill - amazing!!)

I haven't been on any other ships recently (except for a river cruise ship in Europe - but no comparison) so maybe this is the norm???

Hope this helps

sandra :D

Thanks, we have 10 days so might go early to Salt Grill, so if we like it we can come back again.

I've heard the buffet is not so good, the burger place might be good for chance one lunch or dinner to.

They dont really spell out what you have said anywhere....:)

Hi again, I have attached a sample Dinner menu for the Waterfront Restaurant for you to have a look at. I got this from the P&O web site and if you want to check out sample Lunch & Breakfast menus I suggest you visit the P&O site.

Jenny

POAU%20Dinner%20Menus%20Nov10%20Everyday%20Alacarte.pdf

I am going to be so peeved if the food is crap when I go in October :mad: I;m dieting my butt off at the moment up until the cruise so I can eat without worry :eek::eek: LOL!!!!!

no, seriously im trying to lose a WHOLE heap of weight atm not just for the cruise but really the food better be good or else Luke Mangan im coming after you :eek::p:eek:

Liz

Apparently they also have a big Aussie style barbeque up on deck as one of the eating options. Then again this was promoted by P&O so could be a myth, just like the free of charge whirlpool spas :p

As mentioned in my previous post, it's called 'The Grill' and it exists (no myth & no imagination required) I seem to recall that Kiwi cruiser posted a photo of it with all his great Pacific Pearl photos from his Lunch & Tour. :)

Sorry I couldn't find the thread to give you a link, too far back.

Regards

Jenny

Oh the on deck 'barbeque' is 'the grill'? On my tour it hardly looked like a barbeque at all :/

I assumed they were different things and the grill was more hamburgers, chips, sandwhiches as opposed to a barbeque. Wouldn't surprise me if that actually was it though!

Oh the on deck 'barbeque' is 'the grill'? On my tour it hardly looked like a barbeque at all :/

I assumed they were different things and the grill was more hamburgers, chips, sandwhiches as opposed to a barbeque. Wouldn't surprise me if that actually was it though!

when we were on the jewel recently we had a barbeque for australia day on the main deck and it was good

Archived