Adventure Ocean Club - Oasis

2CRUISEIN2011

This is our first cruise -- we will be traveling with our 5 (almost 6) year old daughter and 7 year old son..

I noticed that the Adventure Ocean Club is divided into ages 3-5 years and 6-8 years ---

Is there anyway that I could keep my kids together??? Could my daughter attend the 6-8 age group??

(We are traveling in May -- she is 5 -- won't be 6 until July)

Also -- what is the child/Adult ratio in these clubs?? Is it really safe??

Thanks for any info...

Yes, it is really safe. I've never had any concerns there and I am a very over-protective parent. They do allow some movement in the age groups. I've done it with my kids because my daughter needed to move back. Moving up -- they do so on a case by case basis. You can ask, nicely. ;)

We get asked this question here at the Family Board every week because everyone's child here is very mature and needs to move up. ;) So I can imagine that the counselors hear it at every sailing. Prepare your children that they will be in separate groups (my kids love being in separate groups...lol) And then they might be pleasantly surprised if the counselors allow them in the same group.

It's all depends on if the sailing is full of kids or not.

We had the same situation last year on the Oasis, and asked if our son could move up. They said that he could as there were very few kids on board that week, but suggested that we try them in separate groups first. We left them in their own age group and they both loved it. Since there were not too many kids on our sailing, the two groups got together for certain activities, so they did spend some time together. They mentioned that they don't really like kids to move age groups if the sailing has a lot of kids.

We felt very comfortable leaving our kids at Adventure Ocean, and they really enjoyed their time there.

Have a great cruise!!!

Thanks so much for the info --

For me -- this has to do with safety -- I have never just "left" my kids with complete strangers -- They have always either known the teacher, been left together, or knew lots of other kids that were in their class/activity --

On the cruise -- they will know nobody -- except for each other..

I know they are both very excited about the cruise and I have read to them the stuff that they will be doing in their Club --- Both want to go!

We travel at the beginning of May -- before most school get out - but I'm guessing their will be lots of kids anyways ---

I guess we will try it for a day -- and see how it goes --

Thanks again

K.

This is our first cruise -- we will be traveling with our 5 (almost 6) year old daughter and 7 year old son..

I noticed that the Adventure Ocean Club is divided into ages 3-5 years and 6-8 years ---

Is there anyway that I could keep my kids together??? Could my daughter attend the 6-8 age group??

(We are traveling in May -- she is 5 -- won't be 6 until July)

Also -- what is the child/Adult ratio in these clubs?? Is it really safe??

Thanks for any info...

Hi K,

I'm E and my family and I are sailing on the Oasis May 7. You have particularly caught my attention because u said u have 2 kids. We will also sail with our 2 sons who are 6 1/2 and 5 yrs old right now. I have the same concerns as u do, that the kids would not want to be separated in the kids club or they would not want to be left there at all. We are psyching them right now that the kids club will be fun with lots of games, toys and even computers. They are excited but we haven't told them that they might be in different groups. Maybe we can get together on the first day and let the kids get to know each other. That way if they know someone in their group they're more amenable to joining in. Let me know if this sounds good to you. I have befriended you if you want a more private correspondence.

Thanks,

E

Archived