When will Summer Caribbean Sailings Be Available?

Wonders10

Hi everyone,

I live in south Florida and was really hoping to possibly take a cruise this summer. I know last summer, Princess and Celebrity both had itineraries out of Fort Lauderdale because we came very close to booking one. Anyone know when and if they will come out?

Royal Caribbean's Oasis and Allure are available but the prices are still a little to high in my opinion and we aren't really a fan of RCL smaller/older ships, which have some 3-4 night sailings.

This Summer Caribbean sailings have been out for almost a year and there are only a few out of New York....not from Florida.

Exactly - its not really cost effective to fly to NY and then sail south :D

So, do we know if Florida sailings will be added? I just think it is odd since last summer there were many sailings out of ft. laud to choose from.

Exactly - its not really cost effective to fly to NY and then sail south :D

So, do we know if Florida sailings will be added? I just think it is odd since last summer there were many sailings out of ft. laud to choose from.

No....they will not be added...as mentioned...schedules have been out for quite some time. Apparently the Emerald out of Florida last year did not do so well in order for Princess to keep a ship sailing from there to the Caribbean in the Summer.

I don't recall Princess sailing out of FLL in the summer - if they did last year they aren't this year and it was probably because the ships didn't sell out.

In any event, the schedules are out for this summer and the only FLL stop is the Emerald Princess coming from Copenhagen in August. Same for Celebrity.

Princess did have summer cruises last year - we sailed on the Emerald in August. Unfortunately, like others said they are not as profitable as Europe & Alaska.:( This year we can't sail until May so we have opted for a Carnival cruise instead of taking one of the RCL Behemoth's!:eek:

Many of the cruise lines have moved their ships to Europe for the summer. And now they are having to try and get people to shell out an awful lot of money for airfare to get to those ships.

Except for the Europeans who are already on that side of the ocean....

Archived