Liquor Store in San Juan Terminal

Uri1961

Not sure I understand the question. Yes in the Pan American Pier there is a liquor store (as of Jan 2011). You do know technically you can't bring on alcohol but some allow wine. The wine in the store is hit or miss. If you are coming from the airport directly, just ask the cab driver to take you to the grocery, several on the way, and wait for you. Just negotiate the price, it was only a few dollars more the one time we did it. This also allows you to repack(age) before you get to the pier.

Sorry for the confusion.

I went on a cruise on the VOS and one of the ports was San Juan, coming back 2 the ship there was a liquor store in the cruise port terminal. The prices were phenomenal. Does anyone know if it still there??

If I am on the Serenade will I be able 2 purchase?

Sorry for the confusion.

I went on a cruise on the VOS and one of the ports was San Juan, coming back 2 the ship there was a liquor store in the cruise port terminal. The prices were phenomenal. Does anyone know if it still there??

If I am on the Serenade will I be able 2 purchase?

You can certainly purchase but you will have to surrender it getting onto the ship. Better to save your purchase for the trip home.

Even if it's still there, you will have to surrender all alcohol as you board the ship. RCCL is very strict on their no alcohol policies. If it's to take home with you, no problem buying it before the cruise since they store it, it means it won't be taking up space in your cabin during the cruise. If you were hoping to buy alcohol for the cruise, not worth it.

Been to SJU twice-once at each pier-watched hundreds of people go into the liquer store (which is after you check in) people were putting things in their bags and going through security-didnt see any confiscation going on.

Archived