anyone else trying to get feet in "ship shape"?

I'm really bad about living barefoot (I'm at home, doing daycare all day) and my feet show the wear and tear. I'm constantly soaking and filing my feet. I had a coupon for the "Kerasal" ointment and have started this week, using a liberal amount (quarter sized) put on at bedtime and slept with socks on. WOW. it's made a huge difference. I still plan on getting a good pedicure before our cruise, but it's sure a nice way to get started on getting my feet back to normal.

anyway, wanted to share the tip. :)

I'm wondering how I'm going to get my flip-flop calluses built up before I go since I'm leaving in winter. I obviously can't wear my flip-flops outside in December without risking frostbite but I can't wear them all day without getting my feet used to them either!

My feet are a mess to. Ive started getting a pedicure regularly. Thanks god for the school across the street from where I work. They do a pretty good job and it costs 20.00. Cant beat that. I even feel guilty those poor students have to touch these things. I try to soak with various solutions, Im always putting lotion on. Its a never ending battle. Im leaving on the Valor May 1st!

From your date it looks like you are doing Eastern? Im Western. I love St Thomas!! Ill keep you in mind for a review of the ship when I get back..

I also get pretty callused feet. I usually get pedicures every other week, but have not had time in the past three months. Anyway, I have this stuff from Sephora called Pretty Feet. It's amazing stuff. Put it on two or three nights a week before bed, with socks and it works wonders. I've also bought a pumice stone and put that in the shower and give my feet a quick rub with some moisterizing soap and the pumice every other shower or so. I find both seem to help in between those pedicures.

In the winter I always put vaseline on mine and sleep with socks on. It really does work great and it's cheap too!! I have heard people with bad feet using bag balm but I don't think you can buy that stuff here since I've never seen it at places like CVS or Target.

I just went today for a super spa pedicure! My feet are also calloused and I have used Kerasol before. It is good but you have to keep doing it regularly. I also had solar nails put on since I have no nails and they look nice but I am new to this and I am afraid of breaking one while on my cruise. I leave in 3 days! I did not get them too long but I was wondering if they do any repairs or anything in the spa onboard? Does anyone know?

I had to make a visit to the podiatrist last October. I had some seed corns on the bottom of my feet that needed to be removed. I have pedicures every two weeks. When I was there I asked if they recommended any foot cream/lotion for dry/cracked feet (my heels, in particular). They had two they sell. One I can't remember the name and the other which I purchased "DPM." The cost was $15 for the tube (about 8 oz). I think you can only purchase it through a podiatrist's office as I've never seen it on any drugstore shelf. It is the BEST stuff I've used to date!!! My heels are no longer dry and cracked. I've thrown away all the other crap I've purchased. :) HTH

Lisa :)

Archived