Which Rule Is Most Important To You?

roe2ship

WHICH RULE IS MOST IMPORTANT TO YOU?  

715 members have voted

1. 1. WHICH RULE IS MOST IMPORTANT TO YOU?

• Dress Code
    • Designated Smoking Areas
    • No reserving lounge chairs
    • No minors allowed (i.e hot tubs, adult pools, etc)

Why would anyone say he did not vote when he REALLY did? And one of the first 15 voters I might add. Is that puzzling? Nah, not to me it isn’t....just proof on how a group must agree (even if they disagree with each other) Truly "glaring" IMO.

So who thought that the designated smoking areas will be leading the poll???

Guest Host Tink
What I find most interesting is not finding my post when I go back to a thread. I cannot understand what I could hav possibly said that would make my post be removed by some sensor. Was it that I said something about teens on Celebrity? Or that I said i would get annoyed if someone removed my things from a chair while I had a massage? Or perhaps that I disagreed with which side of the ship was the smoking side? I wish someone would please explain why posts are removed.

As one of the two hosts on this board, I can assure you that no posts have been removed in the recent past. We don't CENSOR messages here, we just keep things happy and healthy. Not sure why you can't find your post, perhaps you looked in the wrong thread?

Guest Host Tink

I found your message, Robinsilver. You posted it at approximately Noon Eastern Time yesterday. This thread has gotten quite a lot of posts, perhaps you just didn't scroll back far enough to get it.

Happy Posting!

Why would anyone say he did not vote when he REALLY did? And one of the first 15 voters I might add. Is that puzzling? Nah, not to me it isn’t....just proof on how a group must agree (even if they disagree with each other) Truly "glaring" IMO.

If it is me you are referring to, where did I say that I didn't vote? If it's someone else, never mind. I'm used to being the object of your personal attacks that just graze the boundaries of the TOS.

If you want to question a statement, just ask politely, and I'll respond in kind. It will save the embarassment caused by jumping to conclusions. :rolleyes:

So who thought that the designated smoking areas will be leading the poll???

It seems sad to me that controversy is being created by checking back to see who has voted or not, said something or not. I can almost hear "Ah Ha... gotcha". To what end!!

When I initially viewed this thread I was drawn to one or two of the rules suggested, but decided to pass up on the option to vote, as I really couldn't make up my mind which one to vote for. When, as is often the case, an alternative viewpoint altogether is expressed as in "all of these rules should apply" my stance changed as I felt that comment had merit too. The views of others can and do influence how I feel during the lifetime of a thread. I think of it as if I am being educated (sad isn’t it). Perhaps someone who has already voted, having had time to think a bit longer, merely changed their mind and expressed a different view second time round.

Personally, I'm not surprised the smoking in designated areas is leading the poll. Where people smoke is a very contentious issue (as was recently borne out in another thread which is now closed). As an ex-smoker (just 14 days into quitting... so ignore the nervous tic) I will admit the venom expressed by some folk here has played it's part in encouraging me to try and beat the habit once and for all. I used (please note emphasis on 'used') to be, or so I thought, a considerate smoker i.e. never in my cabin, only on the balcony, designated area etc. Considerate or not, people are always going to object - hence the reason why I think it has received the greatest number of votes.

So have I voted. No. Am I challenging the OP because I won't vote... not at all... I just can't choose between them.

Keep working on stopping the smoking habbit, I'm an ex-smoker for over 20 years now, I used to smoke 3 packs a day, so I know very well what you are going through. But believe me you will have so many more rewards for stopping your smoking habbit, then you ever did why you were smoking..

I would never go back to smoking again, I love being a NON-SMOKER and plan to stay that way forever!! We will support you in your journey to stop smoking and wishing you the best of luck.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here. I didn't vote and if I remember correctly I posted "all of the above". I am in no group.. Sometimes I agree with you and sometimes I don't. This time I have no idea.. :D

If it is me you are referring to, where did I say that I didn't vote? If it's someone else, never mind. I'm used to being the object of your personal attacks that just graze the boundaries of the TOS.

Right, "never mind" but yet you had to add your false accusations after. Look who is talking now about personal attacks.

I guess I'm missing the conspiracy theory here???

I did vote and never said I didn't.

By the way I voted for the smoking one. I have issues with all of them but smoking bothers me the most of the bunch.

Well if any one figures it out let me know cause I don't get it.

Scott

By the way I voted for the smoking one. I have issues with all of them but smoking bothers me the most of the bunch.

Scott

I didn't vote and I don't get it either - In fact - I don't understand the objective of the OP's poll???

Ron

It seems sad to me that controversy is being created by checking back to see who has voted or not, said something or not. I can almost hear "Ah Ha... gotcha". To what end!!

Perhaps someone who has already voted, having had time to think a bit longer, merely changed their mind and expressed a different view second time round.

I can assure you this is not the case.....this thinking is juvenile behavior. And perhaps that someone who has already voted and changed their mind, should have mentioned they changed their mind instead of clearly lying about NOT voting at all.........don't you think?? See that is the point.

Scott

C'mon conspiracy?? No way........I am not fond of dishonest folks.

Sorry - still don't get it - polls don't offer any information to the new/old cruisers - they are IMHO just a post to stir up controversy - and - in the Princess brochures, they are not rules but merely guidelines - no offense intended.

Ron

REALLY??!! Blame it on a senior moment:rolleyes: easy way out

Even though I did vote, I said all of the above.. At least I admit when I mis-state the facts.. :rolleyes: And if board wasn't so slow, and I was able to log back on, I would have edited it..

I can assure you this is not the case.....this thinking is juvenile behavior. And perhaps that someone who has already voted and changed their mind, should have mentioned they changed their mind instead of clearly lying about NOT voting at all.........don't you think?? See that is the point.
Oh boy – here we go again. I’m sort of glad I’m not the one in target range this time.

I quite honestly don’t remember which of these silly polls I vote in – including the ones I post. When the posts here came up about comments from someone who voted when they said they didn’t, I had to go back and check to make sure it wasn’t me. I guess a less cynical approach would be to think that someone made an honest mistake about whether or not they voted – I really think it unfair to accuse someone of lying in this instance. I mean we’re asked to give people the benefit of the doubt when their on board experiences don’t match ours, or when they say they like MUTS, or hate small ships – how about in cases like this? Shouldn't that same benefit be extended? And how does mistakenly saying one voted when one didn’t change the result or discussion points of a poll? It seemed like we were past this kind of bantering for a few months…I’m not sure whether I’m sad or excited to see it back.

Just to be sure I stay on topic; I reiterate that I think if we all respected each other a bit more, none of these “rules” would be needed. I would say the post quoted above might indicate we can’t throw away the rule book just yet. But just for the record, I’d say the guy that sat next to me on Sun Princess in shorts on formal night bothered me much more than anyone smoking on board. But I’m still not voting.

Just to be sure I stay on topic; I reiterate that I think if we all respected each other a bit more, none of these “rules” would be needed. I would say the post quoted above might indicate we can’t throw away the rule book just yet. But just for the record, I’d say the guy that sat next to me on Sun Princess in shorts on formal night bothered me much more than anyone smoking on board. But I’m still not voting.

Well, it's comments like this, that make me glad I didn't vote! I said all along, All of the Above! One reason being, smoking is probably most important, yet small amounts of smoke don't bother me. But, I think it's awful that someone would show up in shorts on formal night, and disgusting that any cruiseline lets them! :eek: Now, kids in the adults pool and hot tub, is more than annoying, and when you add toddlers in diapers, YUCK! :mad: That leaves chair hogs, well, and how annoying is that! :rolleyes: So, back to square one, no vote, and that's my opinion, and I stand by it!

So, who other than Largin, who corrected his mistake, is lying here, huh??? And is it really important? What was the point? Am I missing something? :confused:

Kind of brings back fond memories of hanging chads, doesn't it? :)

Or, we can use an even more recent example simply by saying, "I voted in this poll before I didn't vote in it."

The results are probably being misunderestimated anyway. :) :D :)

Archived