Which Rule Is Most Important To You?

roe2ship

WHICH RULE IS MOST IMPORTANT TO YOU?  

715 members have voted

1. 1. WHICH RULE IS MOST IMPORTANT TO YOU?

• Dress Code
    • Designated Smoking Areas
    • No reserving lounge chairs
    • No minors allowed (i.e hot tubs, adult pools, etc)

What about people who don't attend the all important MUSTER DRILL? I was shocked at the very mention of anyone being so naughty as to not participate in this MANDATORY event. I think complete inspections of all cabins and any other hiding places should be performed during the drill. Those being caught hiding should be dragged into the captain's office, yelled at, made to do a make-up drill, and then sent to their cabins without dinner or room service.

Not much bothers me! Never had problems with smokers outside their designated areas....I care more about what is on a person's "insides" than how they dress their "outsides".....I love kids- all kids- they are more fun to watch than the telly and very interesting to talk with: most of the teens on my cruises could hold their own in a conversation- kudos to their parents who are exposing them to a world outside the US!.....As for chair hogs, I have never encountered the chair uglies as decribed by some of you- a smile and a polite phrase usually quiets the ones I've dealt with.

The only minor complaint I have is the rather limited selection of wine onboard....sorry!

PJV:

I understand what you are saying and good for you to voice your opinion I do respect that, you got me on that one. But the "Big Difference" is, all other rules are not Endangering our Health, its a proven fact by the FDA, that second hand smoke is worse for someones health, than if you smoked the cigarette yourself.

With both my husband and myself having asthma and cigarette smoke triggers an asthmatic attack. I'm just asking the smokers to stay on the Port (smoking) side of the ship for my health safety.

This is why I voted for, the enforcement of stonger NO SMOKING RULES, for the health issues.

Actually, it is not a scientific fact that ETS (Environmental Tobacco Smoke aka Second Hand Smoke) is a major health risk. The assertion that it is worse than actually smoking is patently false. The World Health Organization conducted an enormous study testing this issue. This was a classic epidemiological study that is much more precise than any study conducted by the FDA. An abstract of their findings at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=9776409&dopt=Abstract

While I empathize with your health condition--I have asthma as well--it is this type of hyped-up misinformation that has been sweeping the world into instituting smoking bans, intruding on private capital and business.

That said, I agree, that the sections of the ship that Princess wants to designate as non-smoking should probably be as such. However, if the majority of people do not smoke, than they should organize and lobby Princess to enforce the rules, or choose another line to cruise on. It is that simple. Change cannot be affected through inaction.

You mean to tell me it is obligatory that one not leave his chair for more than 15 minutes at a time? Your brand of interfering with another person's personal effects puzzles me. I can understand reserving chairs in advance is cause for consternation. However, actually using a chair should not permit someone to swipe off another's property without knowing the situation.

Hogging lounge chairs must be a universal resort phenomenon. It happened all the time at the resort in Aruba we stayed at last year. A towel on an unoccupied lounge chair in a primo location on the beach that remained unoccupied all day was very frustrating! I was tempted to move the stuff after hours of watching the chairs sit empty, but I am polite and non-confrontational, so I let the hogs get away with it. :mad:

Actually, it is not a scientific fact that ETS (Environmental Tobacco Smoke aka Second Hand Smoke) is a major health risk.

The study you refer to apparently is many years old and not by the World Health Organization...The WHO website contains their opinions about ETS.

http://www.wpro.who.int/media_centre/fact_sheets/fs_20050420.htm

The study you refer to apparently is many years old and not by the World Health Organization...The WHO website contains their opinions about ETS.

http://www.wpro.who.int/media_centre/fact_sheets/fs_20050420.htm

The organization who conducted that report was working under the auspices of the WHO, and the published study was from the WHO. The original report was buried and only after pressure from the media, did they finally release the findings of the study. Further, the study conducted by the EPA, which every anti-smoking lobby cites, was vacated in court by a federal judge, as well as debunked by the Congressional Research Service (CRS). Moreover, both the WHO and the EPA are culpable for misrepresenting the facts. Both organizations produced results of their respective studies, prior to the completion of the study.

With respect to the timeliness of the studies, both are considered to be the most recent full-length research studies on ETS. Any comprehensive research takes years to complete (the WHO study took a total of seven years to complete).

I suggest you do some critical reading prior to perpetuating a myth.

• 1 month later...

I am a smoker, unfortunately, and have no problem smoking in a designated area. All I ask is that one be provided. There are more than enough places, it seems, to smoke on board. And forget health issues, what ever happened to common courtesy? I know some people are bothered by smoke, so I limit my habit to where its allowed. 'Nuff said :)

Oh, and speaking of chair hogs, I vote that if they are gone for more than 30 min you should be allowed to throw their stuff overboard, and then throw THEM overboard when they come back looking for the stuff that went over the side :D

Smoke em if you got em! I don't..

Wear what ever blows your skirt up! I enjoy looking nice...

Put your kids whereever you want them! Mine are grown..I will leave them home..

BUT, I sure would like to get a chair at the shows when I arrive, and a deck chair in the sun once in a while!

Loved your response:p I agree!

Why not have an adults only hot tub? I don't think it is fair that kids should not be allowed in any hot tub.

Scott

Most shoreside health spas have signs stating children under 16 not permitted in the hot tubs for obvious sanitary reasons.

Archived