Are ALL flights Venice to Vancouver EARLY?

remydiva

Just in the process of booking a Greek Isle/Turkey cruise out of Venice but notice that it seems that ALL flights leave Venice Marco Polo early...way too early like 0650 or 0730. Since the boat doesn't even dock until then, not a chance.

Do you have to plan on staying a day in Venice and then fly out next day just because of the early flights? Does anyone know of an airline that flies out after 12 noon so I don't have to stay an extra day?

thanks in advance.

Have you tried "Sidestep" or "Kayak" on Sidestep British airways leave Venice 1:35 p.m, KLM Royal Dutch lv. 12:35 p.m to Vancouver. When

we were in Venice 10/07 there were no flights before 11 a.m. flying to Chicago so we needed to say overnight. I'll be on 9/26 cruise and flights have changed so now many leave later in the day.

lancelady...I found the BA return flight at 1:35pm but the KLM shows 0635 am...i checked several websites including Sidestep and KLM. KLM would be my preference to connect thru AMS.

If I book thru RC, if there is no later flight, will RC do a forced overnite for the return flight? or will I be on my own and out of pocket?

thanks for the offer lancelady...but 2 stops and 20+ hrs isn't a great way to start a holiday. The KLM flight leaves at 0645 so is not an option. BA works BUT you land in Gatwick then have to get over to LHR to continue on.

You are right that RC doesn't help with the forced overnite...in fact, their computer wouldn't offer any flights from YVR and they basically said come in a day early and leave a day late, pay for your own hotel AND transfers to/from airport (they would do hotel to pier IF you used their hotel).

I used Sidestep to investigate options and I think we will go to LAX or PHX and fly US Airways from there. We head south for the winter anyways...this will just be earlier than we had planned.

who knew Venice was a pain to get to!

However, with the continuing and escalating unrest in the mid east, the whole trip might be a no go and thus the air dilemna will be a moot point (another reason I haven't booked air yet).

Archived