Leaving for the Star

TamaLee

If, by chance, you have a balcony room can you check on the sleeping arrangement for a third person. My understanding is that there is a sofa bed. If that is the case can you see just how comfortable or uncomfortable it might be. I would appreciate the help.

We are going April 6 2005.

Would appreciate info on a rear balcony Deck 8 catagory BA cabin 8676. It's one of the center ones not the outer suites.

They look a little wider than the standard BA's.

Any photo or even overall impression if you can manage a sneak peek.

We passed up several upgrades because we wanted a stern balcony.

Thanks so much...

Sure I'll see what I can find out. We are in an AE Penthouse (9732), buy my friends are in 9728 which is a Category BC. The room is labeled as "family friendly accomodations" so this may be what you are looking for.

We'll open up there sofa bed and see what it's good for.

We are going April 6 2005.

Would appreciate info on a rear balcony Deck 8 catagory BA cabin 8676. It's one of the center ones not the outer suites.

They look a little wider than the standard BA's.

Any photo or even overall impression if you can manage a sneak peek.

We passed up several upgrades because we wanted a stern balcony.

Thanks so much...

I'll see if I can get picture of the balcony for you...I'll even try to go down to the room and get pictures!

I posted here but nobody replied:( Could you let me know what type of entertainment they have throught the lounges ie. Star Bar etc.? I don`t care who, just what type of music they play.

Thanks in advance.

Have a great trip. We are going 3/21/05:D

How about just a full review when you get back? We're taking our kids next Jan., they'll be 13, 10, and 8 yr. old twins. Anything pertaining to children. Oh, my ds is an avid golfer, so if you can find out prices for the driving range? THANKS!!!! We'll be in rooms 4575 and 4573, which looks great to me, because it looks like there's a seperate hall leading to the rooms so they get a little extra wiggle room. It looks like in the book that if you go down that hall, you have to have reason, like going to our rooms. I read somewhere that the Bier Garten while it serves beer(we don't drink) also serves fish and chips or sausages? Is that included? Oh, and of course anything about the cruise director? We were on the Elation 2 yrs. ago and my dh really thought he was hysterical. I haven't found anything recent about the Star CD.

Oh, I'm so jealous! I'm ready to leave now! Be safe and have fun!!!

Jenne

Thanks for checking. However the BA 8676 on deck 8 aft (stern) balcony is not a family stateroom, just a regular BA but on the very stern of the ship (it's just for the 2 of us..celebrating our 28th).

Just wondering if it's nice and well laid out and if the view out the back of the ship is as wonderful as everyone says it is.

Hi Tama!

I would love to see what your penthouse looks like so please take lots of pictures. I will be staying in penthouse #9232 in May and am very curious. I can't wait to read your post when you return.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd remind you that I would like to know about the sleeping arrangements in a balcony room. I figure you should return from your wonderful cruise today and should hear from you in a few. Thanks

Tama, could you let me know if you see a vow renewal ceremony posted in the dailies...I have been trying to get information on this. I know in the past this sort of ceremony was posted in the dailies (and no charge) when I call NCL they were quoting me alot of $$ for this simple ceremony. Or perhaps if you could find out I would appreciate it...I have a special outfit already picked and ready to wear!

Thank you and have a fantastic trip! I ook forward to hearing about your trip.

Just a few highlights:

Acapulco - Did the daytime cliff divers show. Gaucamole was good. :->

Puerto Vallarta - Town/Country/Tequila tour. Not bad. 30 minutes of the tour was spent in a lousy shopping area. I didnt know there were so many types of flavored tequila!!

Cabo - Did the Horse Carriage tour - total waste - about 10-15 minutes of commentary!! You are much better off doing the Lands End boat tour! Cabo Wabo was really nice. :->

Zih/Ixtapa - walked around town. At the end, drank and ate at an outside resturant. Great margarita and nachos!!!

The tacos are great great at the Hard Rock Cafes! :->

Cagneys - great resturant!

Ginza - Duck was excellent!

Aqua - Not enough staff!

Disembarking was a breeze! Getting on the ship was a breeze (got there early). People that got there later had a very long wait! No special line for past Latitudes members. I heard they had 900 members on the ship!

Wife had the stones message - she was not impressed at all! Do not waste your money!

If you have any specific comments, drop me a line.

Floyd

I hope I'll have a chance to load my pictures and write a review before some of you leave on Monday.

Let me say I had a fun vacation but did not enjoy the cruise line. The review will give you the details.

chika - I did not see a vow renewal ceremony in my dailies. There is a chapel on the ship, but they didn't even use it for the religious ceremonies they had on board. I'm guessing because it did not hold a lot of people.

Sunnygirl35 - discounts were on the first night,second full sea day and Acapulco day at Ginaz and Soho for 50% off the cover charge. We did the Teppanyaki Room at Ginza and it was very good. The 50% off does not apply to the Teppanyaki room. The formal night was on the second full sea day. Lobster Tails are servered free of charge in all the specialty restaurants. They don't appear on the menu so don't be afraid to ask for it.

Overall I did not feel the specialty restaurants were worth the price. I felt like I was forced to pay extra to eat a decent meal. Overall everyone in our group felt the food was poor at best in most of the areas.

angelsx4 - fish and chips are served in the Red Lion Pub and they are free of charge. Fish wasn't bad...fries were always cold. Guess we never got there when they had just put them out. We enjoyed the CD. He was very funny and always wanted to stop and talk to our group. I think this is because I told him I was a CC member. Make sure to watch the show he puts on that talks about the days activities. It's very funny.

seahorse - the Martini Clinic was at 3:00 on the second full sea day. It was $5 to participate. We did not go so I can't share anything about it. And it was only offered once.

As for entertainment, they had all sorts. From Calypso to piano melodies. They dance music in the evenings in the Spinnaker Lounce and someone playing music from the 50's to today in the Carousel Nightclub. Eveyday from 12:00 to 1:00 by the pool they would play music by a certain artist such as Elton John, Jimmy Buffet, Dave Matthews Band, Billy Joel, Diana Krall, Celine Dion, and Sting. This was all recorded music. Not some band doing covers.

8676 is very nice. It is bigger than most standard balcony rooms and your balcony is bigger buy a good amount. You will enjoy the view! We did!

cruiseonj - we checked out the sleeper sofa in our friends cabin. It was very small. This would only work, in my opinion, if you were a child. Didn't seem like it was that comfortable.

Hope that was all the questions...

Tamalee,

So sorry that you didn`t like NCL:confused: Please let us know why. Thank you for responding about the Clinic.

One other cc member on your cruise seemed to have a great NCL cruise so I can`t wait to hear your story.

I will have to say the food left a lot to be desired at the buffets! It was the worse it has been on any of our 7 cruises. The dining rooms were a little better. My wife gave it 2 stars out of 6. If you wanted a really good meal, you had to go to the specialty restaurants!

As for service, it was okay and I think that is because the staff has no real incentive to go the extra yard because the tips are already added. Because you have different wait staff due to the Freestyle format, you lose the special attention you get on traditional cruises.

Having said all that, it was great to have the freedom to eat when you desired and to share a table with different people every time you sat down to eat!

We are going on the Pride of America in October - giving Freestyle another shot!

Floyd

Archived