Decorating Cabin Door??

buckeyefan10

I have decorated the door. On one cruise we planned a cabin crawl and I decorated the door so people would know and just in case I had too much to drink I might have better luck finding my way home. Those hallways all look the same once you've consumed some alcohol. :)

Always. It helps add to the excitement of cruising while you're buying things for your door.

It's so much fun to decorate...and as mentioned it definitely helps you find your cabin at night...I've been told our decorated doors have helped a few find theirs, as well. LOL.

Edited by SoCalCruiserGal
ooops

We did for my mother-in-laws 50th wedding anniversary group cruise.

I made a special decoration for them with their wedding photo on it, and decorations for everyone else saying celebrating 50 years with Emma & Gilbert! We made tee shirts also with the same thing. Lot's of fun!

We have started decorating our door on cruises. I don't go all out just a few stickers from the dollar store. It really helps find the room quickly all rooms seem the same down what can seem to be a endless hallway.

I took our stickers off before we headed to supper on our last night my youngest son came back from camp and was mad he could not find our room he walked past it. His friends stopped by to get him for a activity and they too said they missed our room. I had to pull one out of the trash just for them!

We are getting ready to book our next cruise. This time we are going to take our little dude (will be 9 at time of sailing) and it will be to celebrate him getting his black belt in TKD. We are going to decorate our door with a TKD theme as this will be his "reward" for getting his BB. If I remember correctly, the door was pretty darn narrow. Does anyone know the actual dimension of the cabin door?

We will be going on Conquest, by the way, if it makes a difference.

We are getting ready to book our next cruise. This time we are going to take our little dude (will be 9 at time of sailing) and it will be to celebrate him getting his black belt in TKD. We are going to decorate our door with a TKD theme as this will be his "reward" for getting his BB. If I remember correctly, the door was pretty darn narrow. Does anyone know the actual dimension of the cabin door?

We will be going on Conquest, by the way, if it makes a difference.

Congrats to the kiddo!!!!!!

We enjoy door decorations for ourselves and always strike up a conversation with others who have them. We've met people with groups, with family reunions, with anniversaries, and with graduations. We once snuck down to our DS and now DDIL's room (girlfriend at the time) to decorate their door while there were in there getting settled - people congratulated him on his college degree from a well-known school and they met people that way.

I find it light-hearted and fun.

I find decorating light hearted as well. We usually pick of theme either around a holiday or birthday. Last time was a Mexian theme. May do that again as we're sailing over to Coz. Maybe something for St. Paddy's day. We'll see. It's usually only stuff from the dollar store.

Carnival is the fun ships! :D

This is our first cruise and we are taking our 5 year old Grandson and I want him to be able to find the room easily. He tends to run ahead of us slower moving folks. LOL "I'll beat you Grandma!" is a usual statement. This way he won't be trying to get into someone elses room. :o We are all so excited for our upcoming cruise.

I've decorated the doors on my last two cruises. I usually print out pictures of the different ports that we're going to along with some toy sea life creatures from the dollar store and cutouts made with my cricut. It's light hearted, fun, helps you find your room and certainly doesn't harm anyone. To each their own......

This is my 2nd cruise. The first I never even thought about decorating my door, but someone did a few doors down and I always knew I was close to my room. i thought it was cool. I am going on a cruise in 36 days with 6 other cabins and I am going to decorate all our group rooms. my daughter will celabrate her 30th birthday and her door will have Happy Birthday stuff on it and everyone else will have a tropical look to it. Mine will have palm trees because they are my favorite tree, and here in the mid-west we have none to be found!

I'm in the "it looks tacky" minority. While I could see it would be helpful for a child to find the cabin, or perhaps an elderly forgetful parent, we (husband and I) are quite able to find the cabin based on the cabin number which is on the door.

I do not decorate because I think that it makes the halls looke like a grade school and do not see the need to do it because I have never had trouble finding the cabin.

I agree with the above. I don't decorate hotel room doors either. But to each their own.

I agree with the above. I don't decorate hotel room doors either. But to each their own.

I agree, it's tacky, looks like my kids' school, and I wouldn't do it at a hotel.....but it's FUN! I wouldn't decorate my house in the same gaudy theme as many Carnival cruise ships either, but we all love to cruise on them. Cruises are a different animal and door decorating seems to be one of those unique features. :D

Totally agree with Martini. It's tacky but who cares. We've tried tape (kept falling off). In January we bought signs from holiday store and put up with that gummy clay-like stuff. We did take the signs down the last day and cleaned off the gummy stuff.