Vancouver entertainment book

ceejay_San Angelo

Guest enjoycruises

Is the general consensus that it is wise to buy the book for pre or post cruising? I will be sailing in June and have 2 1/2 days in Vancouver pre-cruise.

Personally, I think it depends on the # of people travelling & what you want to do. We are a family of 3, but took my niece with us on a long road trip a couple years ago. We purchased 2 entertainment books for both New Orleans & San Antonio. We saved a bundle. This was the equivalent of BOGO on everything we did. On the other hand, we have decided not to purchase them for our pre & post cruise stays in SF & Van. With the 3 of us, we would be purchasing 2 & getting 1 free. In restaurants, this only includes the entree. We don't feel that the savings would be worth the trade-off of feeling limited to the restaurants & attractions listed in the book. Of course, if you wanted to do things not listed in the book & pay for everyone you could, but we just don't feel that we get the most for our money that way.

Usually all entertainment books go to $10 in april/beg may so you still have time to get them for summer alaska trips...that is what i always do for vancouver...i love it because there is a coupon for the hop on/off bus/trolley that saves a bunch...well worth the price of the book..so wait until end of april for the price to go down

I got on the web site for the coupon books and found that New Orleans also has a coupon book. Can anybody tell me if they have expiration dates on them and if they do, how long they last (i.e. thru the end of 2005). I will be in New Orleans for about 4 full days before our cruise in October, and would like to buy a coupon book as they are on sale now. But I don't want to get one now if most of the coupons are expired by then. Anybody familiar enough with the books to know about the expiration dates if any? :confused: Thanks for letting us in on these coupon books; they look like a great deal.

arby70 & DaveOKC,

We used the NO book in the summer of 2003. I have purchased the entertainment books for many different cities & think the one for NO was by far the best. We spent 4 days/3 nights & everything we did was in the book, with the exception of a couple breakfast. All our tours, lunches, & dinners were chosen from the book & we still had plenty more we could have done, if we hadn't run out of time. Definitely, purchase it! :) If you haven't already, waiting until summer time will discount the books even further. As Dave mentioned, all the books I have purchased have had the same exp. date.

Nov. 1, 2005 is the expiration date.

You have to check each coupon - some are valid anytime, some evening only, others exclude Sat & Sun or holidays. The fine dining section requires the card be punched.

Thanks for the input Tarheel. The book should more than pay for itself as we planned to go on at least two or three tours in New Orleans. Also will help out with the food bill with all the 2 for 1 entrees. :)

SEPyle,

I have a couple of specific questions about the Vancouver book. I don't know if the board would be that interested to take up bandwidth with such specifics. If you could (would), email me whenever. drdaddy at earthlink dot net.

Thanks.

Thanks, all, for the Entertainment Book info! I've used mine in the Seattle/Tacoma area for years and never thought of purchasing one for Vancouver. I'll be there for cruises in May and September this year plus a weekend trip with my son this summer.

Once again, all you smart people on Cruise Critic have saved me a lot of money!!! Thanks!

Did we ever find out where to buy a Day Pass for the public transit?

Hi everyone

The day passes for the local transit can be bought at the skytrain stations and seabus terminal. I think you can also purchase them at 7-11's and Safeway also. The cost is $8.00 CDN for a adult and kids are $6.00 CDN.

On the Translink web site they have a section for Tourist on Transit. The website is below. Very helpful section.

Hope this is a help.

http://www.translink.bc.ca/Transportation_Services/Tourists/default.asp

Thanks for day pass info, canuck-columbus.

Danielle, the Vancouver Entertainment Book is only for Vancouver. Alaska has a Toursaver Book that sells for $99. Two different books. For info on the Toursav er, look up the thread about that.

• 2 weeks later...
The trolley coupon is for the Vancouver Trolley Company. It is valid on weekends but not valid in July or August. The book also has a coupon for the"

Aquarium, Capilano Bridge, horse drawn tour in Stanley Park, the IMAX at Canada Place. I'm really glad I bought my book. Can't wait to use it in May.

Are the coupons for Capilano, the aquarium etc...good in July? I understand the Trolley tour isn't? Just wondering if it would pay for me to order it. Thanks!

Email me at CarrieCJF@aol.com

Thanks, gator83! When in May are you going and what ship? We will be on the Coral Princess May 21-28 southbound.

And DaveOKC - that is a very good question. I'll stay tuned for the answer.

I am going to order an Entertainment Book too. It does sound like a good deal.

Gloria,

I will be on the cruise the week after you. I leave on May 28th.

I think the E Book is worthwhile -- we will only have 2 days in Vancouver, but just the Vancouver Trolley coupon pays for the book. The book is $18 + $5 shipping and the Trolley costs $23 US, so that's a wash. We plan to use the day we arrive to settle into the hotel, then tour on the trolley. The next day we are heading to Grouse Mountain, and the Capilano Suspension Bridge (in the book) by public transit (according to an earlier post - take the SeaBus from DT tranfer @ Lonsdale Quay to Bus #236/Grouse Mtn). I'm off to look up Stanley Park and see where and what it is -- there were coupons in the book for a horse-drawn carriage ride. Plus the restaurant coupons. Also I need to order a Vancouver Visitors Guide.

Archived