Journey 30JAN11 Panama Canal/Ctr.America

Nutriosotoo

I just finished writing a review of this cruise, but there seemed to be no space for a couple of comments that I have that are intended as "suggestions for improvement" of an already superior product. First, the Mosaic Cafe work area is very disorganized and difficult for the crew to work in. I am not sure whether it needs to be larger, or just redesigned. Whatever, when the staff has difficulty accomplishing their jobs, it is reflected in client service. Second, the bathroom stops on Azmara shore excursions were definitely tourist traps. Even though the excursions were greatly enjoyed, these shopping venues detracted from the experience. I don't mind spending money for authentic, locally made items, but I resent being overcharged. In essence, "used" by the tour operator. ---- Penny & Chip

I just finished writing a review of this cruise, but there seemed to be no space for a couple of comments that I have that are intended as "suggestions for improvement" of an already superior product. First, the Mosaic Cafe work area is very disorganized and difficult for the crew to work in. I am not sure whether it needs to be larger, or just redesigned. Whatever, when the staff has difficulty accomplishing their jobs, it is reflected in client service. Second, the bathroom stops on Azmara shore excursions were definitely tourist traps. Even though the excursions were greatly enjoyed, these shopping venues detracted from the experience. I don't mind spending money for authentic, locally made items, but I resent being overcharged. In essence, "used" by the tour operator. ---- Penny & Chip

Just a side note...

some of these tourist traps provide the cleanest and most sanitary bathroom options

as opposed to a squat pot with flies swirling around and odor that will make you pass out or if there is is an actual toilet the plumbing can't handle 30 people in quick succession

who refuse to put toilet paper in the basket not the "toilet"

there is always that trade off..

Archived