Free Shuttles?

klo

On these boards and on some cruise reviews, I've noticed that some people say they have taken the "free" shuttle provided by Celebrity into town and in whatever port they are in. I just received my documents and it mentions that there will be a nominal charge.

On Princess, I've paid to use their shuttle before. Is Celebrity's free or do we have to pay?

klo:

Which towns are you referring to? In Europe cruise lines many times provided a free shuttle into town if it is too far to walk. But if your documents say "nominal charge" they should know what they are talking about.

Take a few one dollar bills, etc. for tips even if they are free!

Hi Deb C.

We are going to Copenhagen, Helsinki, Oslo, Warnemunde/Rostock, Stockholm, and Tallinn. I figure we have to pay something, but it would be such a nice benefit if it were free. Any thoughts on these ports?

klo:

I hope someone else joins in to help you with this one. I was on Century when I took this same cruise out of Amsterdam. It has been a few years back (many cruises in between to mix me up icon_eek.gif, too!!) Oslo --I remember walking into the city--the same with the German port. I think Copenhagen (docked right next to the Little Mermaid) and Helsinki provided a free shuttle. I took the ship's excursion in Tallin.

I'm sure these things change monthly or atleast yearly so don't count on the shuttle unless you hear it from Celebrity.

Like your documents say--nominal charge.

Does your cruise also go to St. Petersburg? A wonderful place to visit.

Enjoy! icon_cool.gif

Hi Deb C. We are stopping in St. Petersberg for two days and taking the Red October tour.

Thanks for the help.

Anyone else can help me with this one?

we were aboard the constellation for her first ever baltic cruise (June 2002) and there were free shutles available in Helsinki and, I believe, Stockholm. The other ports don't require transportation because you are essentially very close to the city center (minus russia.. but you can't even get off the ship, normally, unless you've booked an excursion).

Archived