SPB Private Shore Excursion

docmsf

Checked their web site. They imply, but do not explicitly represent, a close relationship with Silversea:

"Silversea & Exeter: A New Russian Experience Coming In 2012

Rarely are travelers able to start and end their Baltic cruise in St. Petersburg: don't miss this extraordinary opportunity.

In 2012 Silversea is offering two unique opportunities to start or end your cruise in the wonderful city of St. Petersburg. Enhance this experience with an Exeter pre or post cruise tour - Russia has never been so accessible. Stay as many days as you wish, explore unhurried and in depth and for the ultimate Exeter experience add a few days in Moscow."

This is from www.exeterinternational.com .

But I have never heard anyone on these boards even mention them.

Anyone familiar with Exeter International for private shore excursions in St Petersburg? T
The AMEX travel agent recommended Exeter when we were planning shore excursions in Ukraine last summer from the Silver Wind. Their brochures were slick and prices high. We decided to book elsewhere as the prices were much lower. I suspect that when you book with them your tour might be slightly fancier, but you may also be paying for several levels of agents commissions.

My TA recommended Exeter. I think it may be Virtuoso related. I am not so sure it is "fancier". I suspect you comment about layers of commission is more accurate. I have been talking with SPB Tours and have been very impressed. Same tour (maybe better) $665 pp vs $1475 pp with Exeter. They have a great evening excursion entitled "Relax and Have Fun". Evening canal trip, vodka tasting, and shopping ending with sweets. Sounds like a blast!

My TA recommended Exeter. I think it may be Virtuoso related. I am not so sure it is "fancier". I suspect you comment about layers of commission is more accurate. I have been talking with SPB Tours and have been very impressed. Same tour (maybe better) $665 pp vs $1475 pp with Exeter. They have a great evening excursion entitled "Relax and Have Fun". Evening canal trip, vodka tasting, and shopping ending with sweets. Sounds like a blast!

If you read thru many of the posts here, many of us, including myself, have toured with SPB tours in St Petersburg and we have all come back thrilled from our experiences. They do a wonderful job, purely professional company, and Viktoria, the owner will do whatever possible to make your time in St Petersburg as memorable as possible.

seriously, why pay all that money so many people can sort of grease their pockets, when you can get the exact same thing, maybe even better, for a third of the price. Plus, if you desire to tour with even a small group, the price will come down even more.

We have nothing to gain by recommending independent tour companies, just the hope that you will have a great time in marvelous St Petersburg.

Cheers

Len

If you read thru many of the posts here, many of us, including myself, have toured with SPB tours in St Petersburg and we have all come back thrilled from our experiences. They do a wonderful job, purely professional company, and Viktoria, the owner will do whatever possible to make your time in St Petersburg as memorable as possible.

seriously, why pay all that money so many people can sort of grease their pockets, when you can get the exact same thing, maybe even better, for a third of the price. Plus, if you desire to tour with even a small group, the price will come down even more.

We have nothing to gain by recommending independent tour companies, just the hope that you will have a great time in marvelous St Petersburg.

Cheers

Len

+1

FYI, we have arranged a private, deluxe two day St. P tour with SPB and the cost is $345 pp inclusive of two lunches, all admissions, canal boat ride, video and camera fees.

Viktoria and Anthony have been outstanding to work with and I agree with Len, who has already toured with them, that you will not be able to beat their offering.

+1

FYI, we have arranged a private, deluxe two day St. P tour with SPB and the cost is $345 pp inclusive of two lunches, all admissions, canal boat ride, video and camera fees.

Viktoria and Anthony have been outstanding to work with and I agree with Len, who has already toured with them, that you will not be able to beat their offering.

Should have made clear this was for a group of eight. As Len pointed out, for two the cost is $665 pp.

Archived