Changes to APT / AMA Europe Cruises Dec 2011

lateday

We were booked on the Magnificent Europe APT cruise from Dec 17 2011 starting in Paris for 3 days then embarking in Amsterdam - river cruise to Budapest, then 3 days in Prague. I have been informed today that we have now be put on the reverse itinerary - same dates.

As far as I can work out APT (an Australian company) uses the AMA boats. In 2010 I think they had exclusive use of some of them, however for this year it appears they are co booking the AMA boats.

Has anyone in USA where I believe AMA markets had any similar changes. It doesn't really matter, but we were expecting to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary in Paris. I have nothing against Prague, we have been there but it doesn't quite have the same romantic ring about it! Just wondering if anyone else had any changes?

Thanks,

Margaret

hi Margaret

That is interesting. We were booked with APT (we live in Australia) in March 2011 but had to postpone and are presently looking at dates later in the year. We would prefer to start in Paris not Prague. What about your flights - have they been changed at no cost to you?

We had done our own flights, frequent flyers to and from london. But had booked to Paris from London and back to London from Prague to connect back home. Will wait a couple of days to see what else we find out. Evidently the Travel Agent was just left a message about the change (she said) and knew no more.

I looked on the APT website and there is no availability for our original dates. There was also a facility to live chat - so I asked a few questions but was not given any info at all, just told I'd have to ask my TA, when I pointed out that it was APT who made the changes he didn't want to know me!

Not very satisfactory. The TA is going to see what she can find out. There were originally 2 cruises over Christmas, one going each way but is seems to me they have ditched the one we were on and just having the one from Prague to Paris.

Will keep you posted as to what I find out.

Margaret

hi Margaret

I think you are correct - they seem to have ditched one of the two cruises departing 17 December (obviously the one you were on). It is early Saturday morning Brisbane time as I type this but later this morning I plan to phone APT (in Melbourne I think they are) about our trip. If per chance you read this and if you would like me to ask them a question or questions on your behalf please post and I will see what I can do.

Regards, Frank

• 7 months later...

Hi Lateday

If you are still looking at the thread.

My wife and I are going on the Christmas cruise Prague to Paris. Peter and Ella.

We have done a couple of cruises through APT previously and found them to be excellent. Well organised and brilliant guides so I wouldn't have any concerns on that regard.

Cheers

Hi Sailor69

I'm still here occasionally - don't like the new format though.

We are on the APT/AMA Christmas Cruise Budapest to Amsterdam, with 3 days in Prague before we start and 3 days in Paris at the end.

Is this the same one you are on?

In the end I got a reply that the boat which was going to do our original cruise in the opposite direction was going to be in dry dock. I think they changed schedules because of the severe weather last year and there is a time the boats have to get to dry dock and if it was a s bad as last year, it will not make it.

Enjoy you trip, 8 weeks today til we leave - assuming Qantas is flying - we have 3 days in London first, so hopefully we'll get to Prague in time.

Margaret

Archived