Sunny Liston: Can you pick the beach?

racegirl-24

I've read conflicting reviews here. Some say Sunny takes you to the beach he wants & others say you can pick the beach. If you are able to pick the beach, is it majority rules on the bus or does he take those who want to go to Sapphire there then those who want to go to Coki there, Megens etc...

Also for anyone recently back from any of these beaches:

1) Would you think Megens would be too too crowded with 3 ships in port?

2) Are Sapphire's washrooms really dirty (I read they were).

3) Is Coki in that bad of an area - did you feel unsafe?

Thank you,

*I'm assuming you can buy drinks/food at all these beaches - right?

This is based on my experience last year -- Sunny asked which beach we wanted. The majority of the folks in our group wanted Sapphire and we didn't really care either way, so we didn't speak up. BUT as accommodating as Sunny is, I think he would probably take you to another beach if you asked. We ended up at Sapphire. It wouldn't be my pick in the future, but not because of the bathrooms. The beach was narrow, and the food and drinks were very expensive. If we have another St. Thomas cruise in the future, we will DEFINITELY book Sunny again, but we will try a different beach.

So, no Sapphire. How about Coki? Anybody just back from there?

Megens does look so beautiful and I looked at the list of ships in port for the month & on some days 6 ships are there! The day we will be there (March 21st) only 3 ships in port. So maybe not so crowded. But I've read Megens has calm waters & we were looking for some waves.

Sunny will take you to whatever beach you want. I specifically asked him that question in an e-mail, last year, before we booked with him. His reply was "majority don't rule on my tours!" Don't be afraid to speak up, even if you are the only one wanting a particular beach, he will cheerfully bring you there.

Having been to both Sapphire and Coki, I much prefer Coki. Never felt unsafe, and the snorkeling was amazing.

• 1 year later...

Maybe it was just the driver we got, but we had a bad experience with this tour and so did some friends of ours. For our friends, they were dropped off downtown and told they would be back at a certain time to pick them up and they never returned. Luckily another tour company picked them up. I heard he returned their money.

In our case, they were late picking us up to complete the tour after dropping us off downtown. Going up to the mountain top was fine, singing etc. On the way back no singing and the driver took 2 hrs. and 15 mins. getting us back to the ship because he took the long way thru traffic and took the time to go by and pick his son up from school while we sat and waited. We barely made it back to our ship in time. Not a good experience.

From others since, I have heard you may not get picked up at all by him and you are left waiting or he will give your names to another company if you have booked with him in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived