picture reviews

hlb76

I am in the process of typing up my review of our Spirit cruise. I would love to be able to add pics since I love when other's do. but I have no idea how to go about this. Please if anyone can send me the dummies guide to adding pics I would really love it!!

Thanks

It's pretty easy - drop your pics into photobucket. Once they are there, you have a choice of how to share them - copy and paste the image link (the one on the bottom) into your review and when you preview your post, your photos will be there.

It's really pretty easy once you play with it a little.

I just uploaded my pics to photobucket and then when you go to your album and see all your pictures... scroll over one and then click on "direct link." That will automatically copy the link. Then while you're doing your review, click on the little icon that looks like a mountain on a post card. It's right under the arrows. Paste the link into it and the picture should show up in the text box. Hope that helps!

I like to do it on here. scroll down to add'l options go to manage attachments. In the top box chose browse. This will let you get into your pictures on your computer and upload them. You can only post 5 at a time on this website.

I am in the process of typing up my review of our Spirit cruise. I would love to be able to add pics since I love when other's do. but I have no idea how to go about this. Please if anyone can send me the dummies guide to adding pics I would really love it!!

Thanks

When you put the photos in an album, don't move them (speaking from experience). Once you post them from that album that they are in, you must keep them there or the pictures will disappear from your review.

DreamStThomas.jpg

DreamTeam.jpg

I'll be writing a review of my Legend cruise in April and hope to take tons of photos.I've tried and been successful uploading photos to photobucket however, I dont seem to be able to cut and paste. No editing function on my tool bar. I'm computer illiterate. Any suggestions?:confused:

I'll be writing a review of my Legend cruise in April and hope to take tons of photos.I've tried and been successful uploading photos to photobucket however, I dont seem to be able to cut and paste. No editing function on my tool bar. I'm computer illiterate. Any suggestions?:confused:

In Photobucket you will look for something like this that will have the address for the photo inside. When you click on it in Photobucket, it will make a copy of the address or you can right click and copy. Paste it in the area where you write your post. Click preview to be sure that it copied properly. That's it.

Ok lets see if photos help.. I hope so for we all want to see you work.

1. Upload your photos to photobucket

2. Visit the photobucket ablum with the photo and hover over (do not select or click just yet) the photo you want to show on CC. Options window will appear below the photo. click on the yellow part of the one that says "direct link" and it will say "copied".

PB1.jpg

that will automatically copy the link of the photo to your computer memory.

3. Now return to CC and your post and select (click on) the insert photo button at the top of the post window.

PB2.jpg

4. Now a new window will appear and you just paste (for windows that is CTL + V) and the link will appear in this window.

PB3.jpg

5. now just click OK and the photo "should" appear.

Good luck

It's pretty easy - drop your pics into photobucket. Once they are there, you have a choice of how to share them - copy and paste the image link (the one on the bottom) into your review and when you preview your post, your photos will be there.

It's really pretty easy once you play with it a little.

In photobucket, after I've uploaded my pic's, I click on each pic and then go to 'EDIT', & then resize the pic to 50% of original. This way the pictures are a good size to post in the review (about the size of C Cruise Dude's).

Using the same instructions above, I use the last code instead....the "IMG code".

Then when you come back here to post, you don't have to select the little image icon, you can just right click and paste into the text of your message.

Saves a few steps.

Thanks all. I'm going to give it a try. I have the camera ready and want to take a lot of activity and foodie pics. We're doing Chef'sTable. Nachi and Tabayna Beach. The directions are great and I took off the day after the cruise. Laundry and my review. Oh hopefully I wont have a problem. That will leave time for me to search out my next cruise:D

I do not use photobucket so I can't really help with that aspect. However, I do use Kodak Gallery. Whenever I paste a picture whether it is through Kodak Gallery, Photobucket or anywhere on the internet, I do the following:

1. I click on the image.
  2. I then Right click on the image
  3. Depending on the program I am using I do two different things.

1. for IE, I right click on the image and scroll or go down to Properties. I copy the location of the picture. (the URL)
    2. for Google Chrome, I do pretty much the same thing except instead or properties it has an option of copy link, I just click that

[*]When I am here I just click the mountain pic icon and paste the link that I copied from the photo site.

[*]Always click preview to see what it looks like.

[*]Hope it helps :)

Thank you so much for all of your advice. Although I am not the OP I have always wondered how to post a pic and how to upload a profile pic. I am in the middle of uploading my pics to photobucket and to give this thing a try.

Hey!!! Post your first photo here so we can share in your success.

I am trying to start by posting a profile pic. It is not going so well. The first time it told me that the photo was too large. I have played with it, resized it, and now no matter what I try it says that file invalid. I even uploaded it again to photobucket at original size to start over.......file invalid. I am going to log out and try again. Thanks for the support.

OK....I think I finally have figured this out....finally have a profile picture. I am now going to try to post a picture. I will attempt to post here my first picture......it is a family pic taken in Puerto Rico this past November.

DSCN1583.jpg

YAY.....FINALLY....Thank you for all of your help!

Nice Pic. I certainly am not sure, but I do believe from hours of fooling around with it this morning that if you had copied the link next to the word image code and just pasted it into your reply it would have come up with a direct picture rather then a link. Try it again......good luck!

Archived