WWYD if it were your first time in Cozumel?

adira

My husband and I have never been to Cozumel and he will pretty much do whatever I want to do. :D For all of you out there who have been there and done that, if you wanted to have a blast in Cozumel on your honeymoon, what would you do?

FYI:

We like to drink.

We don't scuba.

I'm a little wary of sting rays, given that my first time EVER to swim in the ocean resulted in me being stung by one (my fault as I wasn't shuffling my feet to alert the little critter, but it HURT and now I'm not that fond of them).

My husband and I have never been to Cozumel and he will pretty much do whatever I want to do. :D For all of you out there who have been there and done that, if you wanted to have a blast in Cozumel on your honeymoon, what would you do?

FYI:

We like to drink.

We don't scuba.

I'm a little wary of sting rays, given that my first time EVER to swim in the ocean resulted in me being stung by one (my fault as I wasn't shuffling my feet to alert the little critter, but it HURT and now I'm not that fond of them).

Thats easy Find an all inclusive beach you will love it. I am partial to Passion Island , but if I was younger probably Nachi or Mr. Sanchos would be to your liking.

Been to Cozumel twice. We were the first ship back one month after Hurricane Wilma trashed the island, so you can bet the shops were eager to do business.

Would most definitely do the catamaran sail, snorkel and beach break. (You can skip the snorkeling and still have a great time. I couldn't snorkel with my broken toe). The tour operators were the nicest we'd ever seen. On our way back, they led us in line dances. Lord willing, we'll be going to Cozumel this fall, and I hope we get the same tour operators. Worth every penny.

• 2 weeks later...

I too like to drink and do not scuba. On my first two visits to Cozumel I did the tequila seminar at Mr Sancho's (fantastic - highly recommended!). I attended with different groups of people each time and everyone absolutely loved it. My next visit is coming up this October and my plan is to do the Cozumel Bar Hop Bus. All the reviews I've read say it's the best time money can buy on Cozumel! If you do a search for "bar hop" in the Cozumel section of the forum you will find a ton of threads about it. Whatever you decide, enjoy your honeymoon!

The first time we went we rented a jeep and went around the island. Actually we were a group of 2 jeeps and 2 scooters. We stopped at a beach for awhile, had a drink then continued on. We stopped at a restaurant on the beach that was wonderful on the other side of the island. We stopped a lot taking pictures. There is basically one road around the island so it's hard to get lost. And we did all this and were back to chaakanab for a dolphin swim in the afternoon. We had plenty of time! It was great and I would definitely do it again. We have also been to paradise beach which is fun but crowded. This trip we are trying nachi. Have fun! And congrats on your marriage!

Archived