Cabin availability???

luv2cruz62

We are booked on the March 19th sailing to MR. Question for anyone: We have a GTY BA balcony with an upgrade (from the sale that they had) and I was checking what is left (still available) on the ship, and the only suite available is the Garden Villa. Balcony suites are all sold out, and they don't even list mini suites or other suites. Can anyone decifer this for me? Any thoughts on what we might end up with by the time we board? :confused:

The thing about GTY and the way cruise ships fill their cabins indicates, to the best of my knowledge, that you usually get about what you pay for.

What you see on the website can change dramatically as the time for the cruise approaches. The lines may dedicate blocks of cabins for a group or a Travel Agency, then take them back. Some folks log into NCL and pull up a bunch of cabins for a group, they show as not available and then the courtesy hold expires.

Lots can happen, but all you can count on is getting a balcony. You usually save some money with a GTY but it really is the luck of the draw!

Category upgrades are within the category. Mini-suites are not considered balconies (they are their own category) so unless the cruise gods really smile upon thee you are not eligible to upgrade from balcony to mini.

I booked the Jade last week when their 4 category upgrade sale was on and PCC and I had an extended dicussion about buying a balcony and upgrading to a mini.

Of course, you could get lucky ;)

Archived