Paris bus tour

cruisnfool

We took L"Open Bus which has 50 stops where you can get on/off. Here is a link:

http://www.grayline.com/Grayline/destinations/europe/paris.go?mode=activityDetail&apid=1436&sid=488&

Viator sells tickets too, and I have read you can buy tickets onboard. (Not sure if they take USD or credit cards though.)

If you are pressed for time, you may prefer the Red Bus, which has 9 stops and takes two hours and 15 minutes.

http://www.isango.com/france-tours/paris-tours/introductory-hop-on-hop-off-tour-of-paris_13292

Then you could spend more time at your preferred stops and walk around and have lunch.

Thanks, I read the website but it only said 4 routes 50 stops.....where can you tell how long each lasts?

We want to make sure we have time to see all the major things, have lunch, maybe some windo shopping.......we will probably take the lastes train back we can since our ship leaves at midnight.

It's hard to say because we were on and off a bit. L'Open Bus info says two hours for the route in one place and varies in another. (Red Bus Tour says 2 hours and 15 minutes for 9 stops.)

I would allow at least three hours for the Grand Tour with nineteen stops. I think it varies with the number of people getting on and off and if they are paying and asking questions plus traffic, and we had to wait for the third bus (around 20 minutes) at the Eiffel Tower.

Which tour do you plan to take?

Well I'm sure we want the Paris Grand because it takes in most of our sites however it will depend on how much time we spend.

Do you know where on the map the train station is.

Our goal is to take the train from the pier and stay in Paris as long as possible. Our ship does not sail till midnight.

• 3 weeks later...

We are doing a walking tour with www.sightseekersdelight.com next month. She has a 4 hour Paris City guided walking tour which covers all the main highlights and breaks for lunch. She also has a 2 1/2 hr Montmarte walking tour. Prices are reasonable and to me when time is an issue better to have someone guiding and narrating to you so you don't miss alot. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, I read the website but it only said 4 routes 50 stops.....where can you tell how long each lasts?

We want to make sure we have time to see all the major things, have lunch, maybe some windo shopping.......we will probably take the lastes train back we can since our ship leaves at midnight.

The Paris L’Open Tour combines four tour routes around Paris, stopping at over 50 attractions and sights around the city. You can hop-on and off the double-decker buses as often as you please and the four tours are inter-connected so you can easily cross from one tour route to another. Spend as much time as you wish to explore, sightsee or visit attractions before boarding the next bus to continue with your tour. Plus on board the buses you can enjoy guided commentary through your individual earphones.

Paris Grand Tour - Starting Point La Boutique, 13 Rue Auber

April to October - Buses depart every 10 minutes

November to March - Buses depart every 30 minutes

The entire route takes 2 hours.

See the Paris Opera, Louvre Museum, Notre-Dame Cathedral, Saint-Germain-des-Pres, Orsay Museum, Concorde, Champs-Elysees, Arc de Triomphe, Trocadero, Eiffel Tower and Invalides among the many highlights on this 2-hour route.

Bastille - Bercy - Starting Point Notre-Dame

April to October - Buses depart every 25 minutes

November to March - Buses depart every 30 minutes.

The entire route takes 60 minutes.

Stops on this loop include the Notre-Dame Cathedral, the Latin Quarter, Flower Market, the Bastille, Gare de Lyon, Gare d'Austerlitz, the Museum of Natural History and Parc de Bercy.

Montmartre - Grands Boulevards - Starting point La Boutique, 13 Rue Auber

April to October - Buses depart every 15 minutes

Among the many highlights on this 60 minute loop are the Funiculaire de Montmartre, Basilique du Sacre-Coeur, Gare du Nord, Gare de l'Est and Grands Boulevards.

Montparnasse - Saint-Germain - Starting point Petit Pont

April to October - Buses depart every 20 minutes

The entire route takes around 60 minutes and visits the Jardin du Luxembourg, Observatoire, Catacombes, Invalides and Saint-Germain-des-Pres.

1-Day Pass Adult = £25.00

Archived