On the hump or not - confused??

Wookie01

Hi all,

We are booked on our first cruise in September '11 on Equinox and currently booked on the Sunrise Deck starboard in balcony cabins 7238 and 7226, both of which are classed as 2A.

My reading here on CC seems to indicate that there is a preference for the 'hump' cabins with the larger balconies, but according to the X website these cabins are actually cheaper than ours on the same deck, (by about $150 per person) the hump cabins are shown as 1A. Both 1A and 2A are described as Deluxe Ocean View Strm Veranda.

I believe that there is still availablity for some starboard 'hump' cabins on the Sunrise Deck and I am wondering whether we should look into changing to 7258, 7262 or 7264?

In the thread about cabin selection (post #1200) the pdf with cabin comments has a note about 7262 being close to the Team Earth area but the poster says that noise wasn't a problem for them. (Our TA said that we should avoid cabins near the elevators.)

Is the convertible sofabed and/or the upper berth an advantage or disadvantage? These cabins are shown as having one or the other?

Sorry for the long-winded post, I guess what I am getting at is, if the 'hump' cabins are better then why are they cheaper? Should we change if the opportunity is there? There is such a wealth of information here on CC that it seems a shame not to use it where possible, so I would really appreciate hearing opinions from members who have cruised before and have any experience with these or similar cabins please?

Thanks so much to everyone for the fabulous information available through CC, we really appreciate being able to read through everything to prepare for our cruise.

Cheers,

Graham :)

Just off Eclipse staying in a hump 1a cabin. It is very desirable to stay in a hump 1a cabin. We were in 9155 forward portside. Suggest you check soltice cabin compilation done by Library Lady as to which cabin you should choose. First and third cabins on hump usually have the larger balconies. We prefer bed near bath. Thread will give you this info. Only need pullout or bunk bed if there will be three or four in your stateroom.

7262 7 2b Starboard Balcony This cabin was not loud,

in my opinion. It does

not connect to another

cabin. If you have loud

neighbors, I can imagine

you might hear some

chatter from time to

time but nothing too

bad.

I had heard that this

cabin had view

obstructions. I did

not notice any. The

cabins on Deck 6

probably had

obstructions as the

lifeboats seemed to

be right outside

their cabins. This

balcony seemed to

have slightly less

space than Cabins

7260 and 7264.

Normal No N/A If you do not like having an entry to the main area of the ship

close to your cabin, I might not recommend this one. However,

with the soundproofing doors between the corridor and the

main Team Earth area, there is not much noise. I didn't even

hear the Sail Away party in the main area until I got out into the

center of the ship (we had sail away inside on my cruise

because it was raining on departure day). The two cabins

adjacent to this cabin have the beds closer to bathroom area.

Having the bed near the balcony with the seating area closer to

the bedroom made the cabin feel much smaller. I would have

preferred cabins 7260 or 7264 for layout

Archived