Expereince with "Alaska Denali Tour Co."?

travelingmom37

I was curious if anyone had any experience with “Alaska Denali Tours”?

Their rates are very reasonable. I tried to get the Back Country Lodge Tour, it is sold out for my dates. They do offer the Denali Cabins{which seem fine) with a full day back country day trip w/lunch at their lodge and R/T Anchorage-Denali by motor coach ( trying to upgarde to RR).

Thanks for your help.

I was curious if anyone had any experience with “Alaska Denali Tours”?

Their rates are very reasonable. I tried to get the Back Country Lodge Tour, it is sold out for my dates. They do offer the Denali Cabins{which seem fine) with a full day back country day trip w/lunch at their lodge and R/T Anchorage-Denali by motor coach ( trying to upgarde to RR).

Thanks for your help.

As I posted previously, book this YOURSELF. Denali Cabins SUCK. They are way out in the middle of no placeville. The cabins themselves are fine BUT they have a definite problem keeping help due to college students NOT wanting to be "out of the loop".

We have stayed there August WITHOUT a car-BIG mistake (2002 IIRC). The restaurant was closed (no help) and they had a van that was SUPPOSED to take you where you wanted to go. We wanted food. They took us to a restaurant a few miles down the road-would NOT wait for us or tell us what time they could pick us up. BLT's on toast to go was the best we could do for dinner. And the next day, we took their van to "town". Waited and waited and waited-called them repeatedly. We finally took an expensive taxi back to hotel.

The package you are looking at is the standard Doyon package that they sell to a LOT of travel agents-Alaska Tour and Travel, Alaska Denali Tours, etc., etc.

You want a truly spectacular trip into Denali-try this: http://www.katair.com/

Have them book the Kantishna bus into the Park. Spend the night at their fantastic lodging. FLY out of Kantishna the next day. The flight is truly, truly spectacular. Even adding on the cost of the Park Connection bus or the train and one other night in Denali (bookable at many, many hotels in the area), you are STILL just slightly higher than the price point for the day trip. AND you get a night IN the Park PLUS the flight out of the Park. About $250 per night for 2 (plus your food but they will cook for you), about $225pp for the flight OUT of the park, the Kantishna bus is $50-90pp (depending on whether you take the "tour" or just the bus.

Archived