Europe on the Magic

zims

Hi Guys,

Whoever said cruising was addictive is 100% correct... Just got off the Dream in September and just booked the July 3rd on the Magic in Europe. I have a couple of questions.

1. Will everything be running "normally" in Europe? I mean shows, comedians, etc...

2. I booked airfare from SEA to BCN through Carnival, as I couldn't find anything for as low as they were offering (must be a promotion) - What type of flights should I expect? How long of layovers, how many? I know there is no definitive answer, but, some idea would be appreciated.

Anyone else joining us, we'll see you soon!

-Brian

We did the Med on the Freedom on 2008 and the ship ran pretty much like usual. There were shows, no comedians at the time but probably will be since that is the new normal.

For your air question take a look at the second "sticky" post here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128

Hopefully that will answer your question. The rate CCL told us for the airfare was crazy expensive so we declined and booked our own.

Hi Guys,

Whoever said cruising was addictive is 100% correct... Just got off the Dream in September and just booked the July 3rd on the Magic in Europe. I have a couple of questions.

1. Will everything be running "normally" in Europe? I mean shows, comedians, etc...

2. I booked airfare from SEA to BCN through Carnival, as I couldn't find anything for as low as they were offering (must be a promotion) - What type of flights should I expect? How long of layovers, how many? I know there is no definitive answer, but, some idea would be appreciated.

Anyone else joining us, we'll see you soon!

-Brian

How much was the airfare?

Airfare added $1250 per person (including TAX) through carnival... The flights I was looking at, at bad times start at $1500 and upwards of $1700 for IDEAL times.

thanks I assume that is one way? If it is you might want to check roundtrip it is almost always cheaper whether you use the return leg or not.

Cruise air would include be round trip SEA-BCN and include transfers. Seems like a reasonable price to me. You might even call Carnival and ask about a deviation. You might get to pick your flights and times for next to nothing.

Yeah you are right I misread the OPs post thinking it was a transatlantic cruise to Europe hence only needing one way return air.

Archived