rooms E204 and E 202 on Golden Princess

Bebet

How affected are these rooms going to be by the promenade deck? Can't really get a clear picture of how that all looks. My Mom and sister are booked in them by a guarantee BF booking, but trying to decide to do an upgrade while the prices have been reduced. Have been offered rooms in the middle of the ship on Baja in categories BC for a hundred dollars less than what they have. I have not been assigned a room yet. If I go for the BC I can pick my room now.

How affected are these rooms going to be by the promenade deck? Can't really get a clear picture of how that all looks. My Mom and sister are booked in them by a guarantee BF booking, but trying to decide to do an upgrade while the prices have been reduced. Have been offered rooms in the middle of the ship on Baja in categories BC for a hundred dollars less than what they have. I have not been assigned a room yet. If I go for the BC I can pick my room now.
This is a photo of those cabins on the Golden taken in November of 2007. The photo shows five balcony cabins but there are now only 4. I can't explain that but you can see that the Promenade deck is about 3 feet below the level of the balcony of the BF/BE cabins and directly in front.

Golden%20Princess%20-%20Emerald%20Deck%20BE-BF%20Cabins.jpg

Thanks for the picture. So those bottom 5 cabins are the emerald deck? They do look like they are covered right?
They are fully covered and fully separated from the other balconies. Also they are larger, about the size of the Caribe balconies. Check this website for more info on the BE/BF cabins. Furniture has been changed but balconies are the same.

http://members.fortunecity.com/parnami/StarPrincess/id19.htm

Hi Bebet, We're in E202 on the star in April and read a post (but for the life of me can't find it now) about these cabins. I also had concerns. The poster said they are fab cabins and if you get the chance to take them. He had walked past them on a cruise and thought that he would'nt want one, then got assigned one and loved it. The only thing that concerns me is lack of sun to the balcony but I guess (hope) i might need time out of it! When do you go?

Well after much discussion, those in our group decided to upgrade to a category BC on the Baha deck. Got a price reduction still and hopefully a nicer place on the ship. And we are all together. We sail in June.

Archived