Chef's Table on Carnival Legend

Prof Peg

I have booked this as a surprise for my wife and I on our Legend cruise at the end of June. As luck would have it, we were shopping recently and she showed me some shoes she was thinking of getting. Not the usual dressy, high heel, open toe type, but a closed toe, flat-heel dress shoe that would be perfect for the galley tour. I had to tell her "you really need to get those shoes, but I can't tell you why". She gave me a funny look, but she had been looking for some comfy dress shoes for a long time, so it didn't take much convincing on my part. I'm sure she has no idea about this dinner. I know for a fact that she was planning on bringing these for the cruise, so I'm good on that. Having the chef come by the night before to ask those questions is as good a way to spring this on her as any, so am looking forward to that reaction. Hope I remember to get a pic then! :D:D

• 1 year later...

Thank you for your review from last year. I still haven't decided whether I'm doing CCL or NCL next May (I put a deposit on each to have the cabin I want) but if I do the Legend I'd love to do this.

My question is that you mention wine being served with every course (that's a lot of wine). Is there anything that they serve people who don't drink?

Thank you for your review from last year. I still haven't decided whether I'm doing CCL or NCL next May (I put a deposit on each to have the cabin I want) but if I do the Legend I'd love to do this.

My question is that you mention wine being served with every course (that's a lot of wine). Is there anything that they serve people who don't drink?

Most definitely, they will always offer the regular drinks that you could find in the MDR. I do not believe they would supply a mixed drink free - but I could always be wrong.

I'm the type that gets a headache after 2 glasses of wine, I made my glasses streeeetch out as far as I could.

If you appreciate the intricacies of good food, you should enjoy this experience.

Archived