Princess Historic America cruise

MoneyGuy

The missus and I are looking at this cruise and wonder if anyone here has done it and could comment. There is a seven- or nine-day cruise along with a seven-night land tour. There are two nights in Washington, D.C., two in Williamsburg and nights in Staunton, Gettysburg and Philidelphia. This seems like a terrific itinerary.

My wife and I went on this same trip in October,2007. We both can't say enough how much we enjoyed both the land tour and the cruise. Princess did an excellent job regarding the land tour, they apparently took some of our suggestions and added overnight in Philadelphia. We would be glad to give you more feedback at mimipapacraig at satx dot com. Best wishes to you and yours.

We did this tour in Oct. 2010. It was one of the best ever. The land part was extrememly well orgainized; every detail was taken care of. Our tour guide was knowledgeable and fun. He made it a trip to remember as he took us through historic times in America's past. It was a fun group of 46 but we stayed on schedule and had a wonderful time.

We had great fall weather and only one choppy day on the cruise, but I understand the year before the cruise was very cold and rainy so weather is always a player. The cruise was great with interesting stops. I especially liked Saint Johns and Halifax but I love covered bridges and lighthouses!!

We did this trip in August 2009 and it was absolutely wonderful! We loved every minute of it....particularly the land portion. The land portion was very organized and all of the stops were great. Sure would have loved to spend the night in Philadelphia so you are very lucky on that....we only had a couple hours there which was not nearly enough. The cruise portion was great also...loved Halifax and St. John. I can guarantee you will love this trip.....enjoy:)

Archived